Who are we?
Hyperoptic is the UK's hyperfast broadband provider.
We offer broadband speeds 11x faster than the UK average, proudly setting a new fibre ‘gold standard' with hyperfast speed, reliability and customer service.
Here in Belgrade, we support our UK colleagues in a shared mission: to gigabit Britain. Our office started up in Belgrade in 2013 with what was then 20 developers. Now it's grown into our largest office with more than 700 people.
Whatever we're doing, going beyond the expected is the benchmark.
We work smarter, together, being agile and responding with the speed our business and customers demand – without compromising on quality. We stay focused, performing at our best to ensure we are focused on hitting targets and goals together. And we strive for excellence, paying attention to the detail, constantly seeking to stretch ourselves and find better ways of doing things.
And today we're looking for a System Engineer who shares these values. Does this sound like you?
Summary of key responsibilities/deliverables
This position will be a part of our team in charge of all Hyperoptic IT infrastructure on public cloud (GCP and AWS) and our own private cloud. We are looking for a system engineer with proficiency for telco broadband provider, knowledge and experience on all cloud platforms, virtualization, IP networking, servers and monitoring systems.
What will you be doing?
- Maintaining highly functional, optimized IT infrastructure systems through proper configuration and system access monitoring.
- Determining and improving backup, redundancy, and high availability strategies.
- Providing support to 1st and 2nd line IT teams to resolve more complex problems within SLA.
- Documenting changes to the systems using change management best practices.
- Recognizing problems by identifying abnormalities, and reporting violations.
- Maintaining high-quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintaining technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, and reviewing publications.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in Administration of: Microsoft Windows Servers + Microsoft 365 products, NextGen Firewalls (Palo Alto Networks, Juniper, Fortinet), Cisco Switches, Ubiquiti, VMware.
- Cloud experience would be considered a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- Hybrid working
- 25 days' paid holiday increasing each year
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Private medical insurance
- Massages in the office
- Sweet Tuesdays
- Team sports activities
- Recruitment referral bonus
- Enhanced pay for new parents
We're committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees. In fact, this is at the heart of our culture and values. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
What happens next?
- You apply.
- We carefully review your application.
- We'll get back to you — even if it's a no (for now).
We look forward to hearing from you.