Senior System Administrator
Who are we?
Hyperoptic is rolling out the largest gigabit network in the UK; more than 21 times faster than the national average. Ranked in The Sunday Times ‘Tech Track' 100 fastest growing technology companies for the second year running and recent winners of ‘Best Superfast Broadband' provider for the sixth consecutive year at the 2018 ISPA Awards.
We have big plans. This can only be achieved by growing our dedicated team to shift the boundaries of what's possible.
What will you be doing?
- Administration, monitoring, improvement and implementation of following technologies:
- Windows Active Directory (AD on- premise and Azure AD)
- System Centre Configuration Manager Administration
- Office 365 (Users, Groups, Advanced Threat Protection, Monitoring, Intune)
- Active Directory Federation Services
- AWS/Google Cloud/VMware administration
- Document changes to the systems using change management best practices
- Maintain a highly secure system through proper configuration and system access monitoring
- Maintain a good understanding of upcoming changes to the platforms to assist with organizational change management
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Coordinate and manage vendors to perform troubleshooting, issue resolution and root cause analysis of problems that impact administrative and distribution assets/applications
- Provide support to 1st and 2nd line IT teams to resolve more complex problems
What are we looking for?
- Valid MCSE certificate would be desirable
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Knowledge on IT Automation (pushing PowerShell further)
- Know-How in Security
- Experience with backup and monitoring solutions
- Deep understanding of Windows servers and services, SCCM and Office365
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure Administration (AWS), Linux Server Administration and Virtual Infrastructure Administration (VMWare) would be desirable
We're committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees – in fact this is at the heart of our company culture and values. We welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
What happens next?
- You apply (we have tried to make it a painless exercise)
- We carefully review your application over a decent cup of coffee
- You will hear from us. Even if it's a no (for this role)
We like to get things done. If you feel the same, click ‘apply' or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We weren't joking about the hyperfast growth.
We look forward to hearing from you!