TelQ is a cloud-based SaaS telecom platform that enables customers all over the world to monitor and significantly improve the quality of their telecom communication channels through the widest network of testing devices (15k+) in the industry, handling tens of millions of tests.
Our system allows anyone to become part of our testing network and automatically earn money from their mobile phone. Our customers often praise us for having the best UI as well as for being the most reliable and innovative solution on the market.
Our two main offices are located in Hamburg and Belgrade.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of our core product-engineering squad. Your main role will consist of designing, developing scalable and highly reliable microservices and web apps to empower our customers to perform advanced monitoring and testing of telecommunication networks.
You will be part of a self-steering team where you make decisions together and have freedom and responsibility to create impactful services, often from scratch. We operate using an agile development methodology, deploying code multiple times per day while ensuring that our applications are rigorously automatically tested.
Some of the typical challenges we are working on:
- Design scalable microservices for tens of thousands of active users through all time zones and countries. Utilize automatically orchestrated environment taking advantage of our robust DevOps and CI/CD Pipelines
- Find innovative solutions to industry-unique problems using cutting-edge technology and tools in domains where low latency, memory efficiency and high availability are real concerns.
- Have ownership of your own project and real impact on our users from day one.
Backend: Kotlin, Java 11, Project Reactor, Functional Programming, K8s, Terraform, Helm, AWS, RabbitMQ, SMPP, Microservices architecture.
Frontend: Angular, TypeScript
We are looking for someone with solid Java/Kotlin backend skills and ideally experience with microservices architecture. There is also a possibility to get partly involved in Frontend and DevOps tasks if one is interested.
Skills and qualifications:
- 3+ years of relevant software development experience.
- Java Core, Spring. Knowledge or willingness to learn Kotlin.
- Understanding of design patterns and ability to implement them at the right place.
- Full professional verbal and written proficiency in English.
Why you should work with us:
- Start-up environment in combination with financial stability and a real opportunity to grow a Successful SaaS platform.
Technology stack. We use a lot of leading tech in our stack and we will ensure that it always remains up-to-date.
- One of the greatest learning opportunities. You will be working with a cutting-edge tech stack, touching most parts of our system, get involved in architecture decisions, start some projects from scratch, investigate and introduce new technologies.
- Ability to make a significant impact. Most of your tasks will directly impact features used by the largest mobile network operators, SMS aggregators, and enterprise companies in the world that rely on our service.
- Great company culture. We are a small, friendly team that likes to take good care of each other and grow together :)
- Paid courses and certification to advance your skills.
- Private health insurance
- Ability to work remotely for 2 months/year from any part of the world.
- Working from home 2 days/week.
- Some flexibility in working hours.
- Central office location in the city.
- Latest company equipment.
- We frequently go out together for some team-building activities or simply for a few drinks.
- Every 2 weeks we organize a company party.
- We organize trips between our offices in Hamburg and Belgrade.
- Next year we are planning a company-wide trip to the south of Europe.