Inovatec is an exciting growth company based in Burnaby, BC, established in 2006. We are North America’s leading provider of cloud-based software solutions for the automotive, motorcycle, powersports, and equipment financing industries. Our solutions are used by some of the largest banks, credit unions, and finance companies in Canada and the U.S.
At Inovatec, we foster a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages collaboration where we grow together and win as a team. It’s important that we live up to our four core values: make sound decisions, get better every day, find a way, and we before me. We thrive by challenging the status quo to push the industry forward, and we know when to have fun! With team members across North America and Europe, we’re committed to investing in the development of our team, no matter where they’re located.
This is an opportunity to join a passionate group of innovators at a fast-growing company: over the last 5 years, we have more than doubled in size, and we expect to double again in the next 5 years. This position will be an integral part of our IT team as we head into the next phase of our growth.
The IT Specialist is responsible for managing and maintaining desktop software, hardware, office infrastructure, and cloud services while ensuring Service Desk requests are resolved in a timely manner. The IT Specialist will serve as a resource to employees and will work collaboratively with other IT experts to provide exceptional IT customer service.
You are able to think like a customer, make sound decisions, overcome hurdles, follow through on commitments, have a thirst for learning, and bring a positive attitude while working in a team environment.
- Serving as the initial point of contact to support customer requests, analyze problems and escalate issues when necessary within SLA requirements
- Log incidents and end user requests, identify recurring problems, and provide necessary workarounds, fixes, and solutions
- Deploy and support laptops, desktops, tablets, smartphones, printers, and network connections
- Deploy and support wireless access points
- Manage and maintain hardware and software licensing agreements
- Manage workstation imaging and deployment
- Track and document IT hardware and software inventory
- Purchasing computer related components and software
- Maintain VOIP and mobile phones
- Maintain building card access systems
- Maintains and regularly verifies/tests backups and recovery procedures
- Document IT procedures and write knowledge base articles
- Responsible for administrating office physical security and access systems
- 5 years of hands-on experience in providing excellent customer service and technical support
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate in computer related discipline or the equivalent experience
- Technical hand’s on knowledge of the Office365 suite of services and Microsoft Intune
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure platform and related services
- Relevant certifications are an asset for this role
- Excellent phone, email skills and deskside etiquette
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in tracking and documenting issues via a helpdesk system
- Proven ability to investigate and analyze information to derive solutions to problems
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
Microsoft Office 365, Azure, Active Directory, PowerShell, SharePoint, SQL Server, Visio, Confluence, Jira, PagerDuty, New Relic, LAN, WAN, Switches, Routers, firewalls, VPN.
Our core values:
Make sound decisions: We put ourselves in our customer's shoes, always ensuring we have the right facts and focus on solving the right problems.
Find a way: No matter the challenge, we overcome hurdles, seek out solutions, and follow through on commitments to consistently exceed expectations.
Get better every day: With our growth mindset and positive attitude, we apply our passion for innovation not just to our products, but also to ourselves.
We before me: Our collaborative spirit pushes us to act without ego, to communicate openly and honestly, and to win as a team.
What we offer:
- Long term, full-time employment (8 hours per day, Monday-Friday) in an office in Belgrade (during COVID-19 we can work from home, work from the office is an option if you adhere to all health and safety on work measures)
- Growth potential
- Opportunity to be part of a highly talented, professional and friendly team in a dynamic working environment
- The ability to use cutting edge technologies
- Excellent working conditions and equipment
- Further professional development
- Relaxed, casual and stress-free, yet professional working environment
- Very competitive salaries and performance-based bonuses
- Private health insurance
- Private pension
- Fully covered sick leave
- Udemy for business account
- All benefits paid pursuant to relevant Serbian laws
- Soft drinks, tea, coffee
- Social activities and a very friendly working environment