The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org.
The GIS Data & Analytics Manager understands the strategic geographic data & analytical needs of the métiers and supports decision making processes with data and analytics to enable métier leadership to make evidence-based decisions. S/he supervises, directs and produces métiers geographic data & analytics technical deliverables, ensuring adequate level of quality products. S/he contributes to the development of methodological and technical GIS tools for the requesting métiers.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position: GIS Data & Analytics Manager
- Collaborates with ICT to implement the appropriate Data architecture of the institution to allow all new business usages of Data, as well as coordinates with ICT Project Managers to ensure that all GIS related applications are maintained and part of the ICRC ICT Architecture and support and promotion of the Architecture
- Ensures (in close cooperation with ICT) the maintenance of the GIS architecture with upgrade of software and processes, set up of new modules with a continuity of development of GIS web Applications and ensures the running of the GIS Resource website promoting the ICRC's GIS services inside and outside the organization
- Identifies strategic Data requirement and related technologies, in relation with Data strategy, and designs models to ensure Data requirements align with the Data architecture of the institution
- Assess the institution needs of internal and external Data and design blueprint to manage the available Data
- Creates inventory of Data’s institution needs to make it easily accessible while ensuring protection from authorized person
- Collaborates with all Data Stakeholders to create Data models in line with the institution needs as well as with other Data expert to guarantee Data architecture allow the proper functioning of Data streams (Data Analytics, Data Quality, ...)
- Defines the appropriate way to deliver Data usage of the different métiers (Trough calculated indicators, aggregated Data, Data set, …) and guarantees all new integration of Data in in line with the Data models of the institution
- Administrates ArcGIS online platform and ensures that the GIS platform and associated services are running with the support of ICT
- Ensures that métier working with GeoData and especially the GIS Data Analytics Manager can work properly with the different tools and solutions available at the ICRC. Testing the packaging of software’s, develop and testing the infrastructure and its evolution with ICT. Ensure the technical geodata consumption into other ICRC application
- Typically, 10-12 years overall professional experience along with 5-7 years of direct experience in data management & analytics, as well as 2-3 year working for international organization(s)
- University degree or degree of Technical Science
- GIS software proficiency: ESRI (ArcGIS, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS server), QGIS and database management (SQL), and knowledge of graphic design software, Tableau and/or Power BI, as well as ‘xsl’ and Mobile Data Collection tools
- Good reporting skills along with good practice in English (French would be considered an asset)
- Good team spirit and ability to work in an international and multi-disciplinary team as well as autonomously
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.