The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org.
PURPOSE FOR THE POST
Pearl is part of ICRC’s Health Information System (HIS) and will support personal data collection/treatment, and additional functionalities aiming to facilitate the quality of care given to beneficiaries by ICRC’s health staff. The application will provide adequate case management in clinical procedures, and at an aggregated data level, it will also illustrate the model of care given through the continuum of care. It will support the activities of four of the six Health programs (Hospital, Mental and Psychosocial Support, Detention, Physical Rehabilitation).
The main role of the Functional Application Support Specialist is to serve as the focal point of Pearl users in the countries where Pearl has been deployed. For this purpose, s/he is involved in ICT Support Model as Level 2 Functional Support, acting as subject matter expert to support efficient use of Pearl and assist users experiencing problems with the interface (for example, clarify login and data entry processes specific to a program).
The BSSC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Functional Application Support Specialist.
Daily functional support to Pearl users (60%)
- Identifies, diagnoses and resolves level 1 and 2 functional problems with the Pearl tool (using VSM Ticket System).
- Escalates complex queries / problems to level 3 (HIS Coordinator/Application Manager) if necessary (using TFS Ticket System).
- Ensures that all Pearl users have the correct access rights according to internal rules and confidentiality.
- Manages and maintains the Pearl metadata (depending on the system) according to the internal rules and procedures and controls and ensures data quality (instructs Pearl users to make the necessary corrections if needed).
- Contributes to the maintenance of Pearl tool by reporting recurrent incidents to the Service Desk and updating frequently the Pearl Knowledge Database.
Support the evolution of Pearl system (40%)
- Delivers regular activity reports to the HIS Coordinator/Application Manager (including technical & functional support statistics, identified malfunctions and suggested improvements etc.).
- Organizes regular communication activities with Pearl field key users (in countries operating the tool) to collect lessons learned and performs capacity building activities (quantitative and qualitative data analysis etc.).
- Conducts field visits in relevant countries to deliver Pearl tool trainings or conduct follow-up assessments (independently or with the support of the HIS Coordinator/Application Manager).
- Updates Pearl training materials (or develop new ones if needed) to improve the overall user experience.
- Field travels occasionally (up to 3-4 times a year) for periods lasting one or two weeks.
- Helps to consolidate the list of additional specifications and participates to the User Acceptance Test (UAT) campaigns in the perspective of future developments (new versioning of Pearl tool etc.).
- University degree in a relevant field (Public Health, Computer Science, Healthcare Administration, Medical, etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience in data management and analysis and exposure in various business management systems along with 3+ years of end-user functional support experience.
- Computer proficiency
- Client oriented
- Experience in training delivery (or training materials development such as online tutorials etc.)
- Knowledge of French/Spanish
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and Business Intelligence (BI) Tools (configuration, interface etc.) and/or SQL Language
- Knowledge of applications used in humanitarian field (OpenMRS, DHIS2, CommCare, ODK, etc.)
- Knowledge of Support Ticket System (TFS, Jira, VSM, vFire etc.)
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.