The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org.
The MOUV Division aims to ensure that the ICRC forms effective working relationships and partnerships within the network of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (the Movement) to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. It works to strengthen the operational capacities of the National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies accordingly and their ability to adhere at all times to the Fundamental Principles. To support ICRC programs across the globe regarding its cooperation and relations with other Movement components, it relies on its ability to translate data into usable insights to better support other divisions/departments both at HQ and field in engaging with other Movement components to respond to the needs of affected people. To address this need, a new CRM tool, called Red Loop is in development.
The ICRC supports the Economic Security (EcoSec) of individuals, households and communities affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence, by helping them to cover their essential needs and/or maintain or restore sustainable livelihoods. Economic Security (EcoSec) staff is more and more involved in data and information collection, management, analysis and reporting practices in their work to assess need, design and manage programs and fulfill reporting requirements.
The End-User and (Data) Application Support Specialist independently ensures that the information system/application data are accurate and processed in line with the internal rules when assisting the users, maintaining the referential and giving access rights. S/he is a subject matter/ process expert and supports first-level assistance when internal customers encounter problems with the information system/application. S/he will work in a team as a part of the support structure based at ICRC Belgrade Shared Services Centre (BSSC) and will be involved in building the knowledge database and contributing to the evolution of the applications.
One post will be supporting the “Movement division”, while the other will be supporting the “Economic Security Division”. Candidates are encouraged to state in their cover letters for which division they have a preference.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center is looking for suitable candidates to fill the following positions: End-User and Data Application Support Specialist (2 positions: 1 for the Movement; 1 for the EcoSec unit; location: Belgrade)
- Applies standard ICRC support processes, including call registration and compliance with L1, L2, L3 support processes
- Provides functional support to the applications users worldwide based on registered calls, and provides occasional technical support
- Monitors and resolves issues related to the use of applications including feedback on data quality, consistency and compliance according to ICRC data entry rules and policies
- Participates in the UAT campaigns and contributes to the evolution and maintenance of tools by reporting recurrent incidents to the project and maintenance team
- Anticipates, identifies and documents recurrent data issues and functional problems related to the applications, by regularly updating and enriching the Knowledge Database to enable problem-solving by the Central Service Desk as much as possible
- Escalates unsolved and/or complex cases or evolutions to the Application responsible (Functional L3) in Geneva
- Diagnoses, describes, reports malfunctions accurately and suggests improvements to the application responsible as well as delivers regular reports
- Organizes Webinars and Skype training for new and existing users and assists in training beforehand of system use or deployment of new functionalities
- Contributes to maintaining procedures and manuals based on the feedback from applications users
- University degree in Information Systems, Business or Technical Science, or related field along with 6 years overall professional experience, including at least 4 years of direct experience in support services, data or systems management or equivalent professional field
- Experience with help desk procedures, user support or system maintenance
- Experience with use, deployment or training on information systems
- Experience with Data management
- Knowledge of Microsoft ecosystem
- Fluent in French and English (oral & written)
- Customer, process and solution-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of BI tools, SQL and ERP or CRM systems
- Experience in using corporate service management tools (Ticketing tool)
- Knowledge of Spanish (oral & written)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.