The DevOps Engineer reports to the System Engineering Manager and will assist in the design and implementation of the SnapAV Smart Cloud Service infrastructure and back-end systems that deliver the SnapAV experience to our global customers. This postion will work closely with other Smart Cloud DevOps Engineers as well as other IT teams, development, product, marketing, QA and tech support teams to deliver highly-performant, scalable, secure and highly-available cloud services utilizing industry best practices. The successful individual will demonstrate a passion for reliability, continuous improvement, automation, motivated to deliver results and work within the processes of the team and most importantly, deliver an exceptional customer experience. Some after-hours availability is expected as is being part of the on-call rotation.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design, document, implement, maintain, and support technology solutions that utilize best practices, including security and scalability, to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Utilize tools to monitor, predict, and mitigate system issues. Work within the team to improve our tools, making suggestions and improvements.
- Utilize a proactive approach to continuous improvement by actively seeking new technology and\or tools and by making recommendations within the team.
- Follow established processes for supporting customers, working with stakeholders, and completing projects and tasks. Make recommendations for improvement.
- Place an emphasis on automation to build a more available, reliable, and scalable platform.
- Work closely with engineering and development teams utilizing DevOps methodologies and culture.
- Have a bias for action to rapidly deliver which results in an exceptional customer experience.
- Make documentation a priority, enabling the team to share knowledge effectively and efficiently.
- 3+ total years’ experience in IT, software development or system administration
- 2+ years’ experience with Linux system administration in a production environment
- 2+ years’ experience with Windows system administration
- 2+ years’ experience with Cloud system administration (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience with monitoring, logging, alerting tools such as NewRelic, Datadog, Nagios, ELK, Pagerduty, VictorOps, etc.
- Relevant 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- Must have very good written and verbal communication
- Must be available after hours (nights or weekends) as needed and participate in the on-call schedule
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with version control such as GitLab, Github, BitBucket, etc.
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem including EC2, VPC, S3, IAM, ELB, RDS, Lambda, Route53, DynamoDB, CloudFront, CloudFormation, Kinesis, SNS, SES, CLI
- Experience with orchestration tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with containerization and Docker
- Experience with CI/CD tools and frameworks
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, MS SQL – the ability to write queries is a plus
- Experience with provisioning and managing SSL\TLS certificates
- Experience with tools such as Jira, Confluence, Slack, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, etc. are a plus
- Experience in Agile, Scrum, Kanban, and DevOps methodologies and cultures