The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org.
The ICRC has launched an ambitious program to improve the effectiveness with which it leverages data and information throughout its activities. Key strategies of this program involve upgrades to ICRC’s information management capabilities including Master Data Management, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
To help us implement these ambitious upgrades into our existing information landscape and deliver the benefits of these upgrades to our diverse audience of information consumers, we are looking for a Data and Business Intelligence Specialist with experience in analyzing business requirements on data-related projects and delivering Business Intelligence reports and dashboards based on such requirements.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position: Data and Business Intelligence Specialist
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams to analyze, collect and document business and/or reporting/dashboarding requirements to create actionable strategic insights and enable evidence-based decision making at different levels of the organization
- Designs, develops tests and documents high quality analysis/reporting/dashboards on a recurring and/or ad-hoc basis using internal and external data
- Manages the lifecycle of Business Intelligence objects (validation, publishing, consistency, maintenance, deletion), dashboarding catalogue and the data dictionary
- Audits identified dashboards and gives recommendation for improving its performance, maintains Dashboarding and visualization Guidelines & Best-Practices as well as coaches business users in best practices in dashboard development and presentation of the analytics
- Assists in developing and applying data quality monitoring tools (including related dashboards) and contributes to driving ICRC’s data quality efforts
- Gives input in creation and evolution of data marts, data sources optimization to maximize performance and semantic layer improvement
- Ensures that information needs across stakeholders are supported as transactional systems evolve and the Master Data Management strategy is implemented
- Degree in computer sciences, software engineering, information technology or engineering along with successful track record of at least 3-5 years developing reports and/or dashboards via industry standard Business Intelligence tools
- Strong communication skills to ensure an effective guidance of business stakeholders when formulating and capturing business requirements
- Strong analytical skills to effectively assess the needs of different information consumers and to determine what data is required for different types of reports along with strong design abilities to ensure information is presented appropriately, effectively and can be consumed easily
- Capacity to understand business needs and to translate them into actionable insights
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (preferably Tableau), SQL, relational databases and ETL software
- Good understanding of the various strategies employed in Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse environments and of the challenges of large scale implementations
- Proficiency in English, French is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.