The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission activities visit www.icrc.org.
The ICRC supports the economic security of individuals, households and communities affected by armed conflict by helping them to cover their essential needs and/or maintain or restore sustainable livelihoods. Due to the varied nature of humanitarian contexts and livelihood strategies, Economic Security Unit (EcoSec) maintains staff with expertise in livelihoods, nutrition, agronomy and agro economy, veterinary science, livestock production and management, and economics. Staff require strong data and information collection, management, analysis and reporting practices to work efficiently and effectively to assess need, design and manage programmes and to fulfil reporting requirements.
The BSSC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Application Manager.
The Application Manager will ensure the maintenance and use of the EPMT (Economic Security Programme Management Tool) in hundreds of locations worldwide where ICRC operations take place.
S/he has the global overview and solid knowledge of the business processes, practices, information, and data needs of the Economic Security Unit globally, and in relation to the application.
The Application manager is accountable for ensuring relevance of data over time to support evolving requirements and leads business unit professionals in the adequate use of the application s/he is in charge of (L3).
- Is responsible to plan, with ICT, the future evolutions of the tool and to evaluate the scope, the resources and the budget. Ensures business requirements are addressed by ICT services & solutions.
- Analyses and documents the maintenance requests and contributes to the definition of the overall testing strategy for the maintenance including documentation of acceptance criteria and functional test cases. Ensures application maintenance in close collaboration with ICT and provides technical backup, support, and guidance.
- Contributes to the design and implementation of the monitoring tools and analysis of the users’ behaviour and coordinates and supervises business L2 (BSSC) support activities in its specific field of expertise.
- Is the product expert for the application and responsible for addressing issues escalated from L2; analyses and resolves requests and incidents at the Level 3 of the support.
- Organizes field set up/deployment missions for new ICRC sites in coordination with other relevant Departments and contributes to the process of archiving of the Databases and/or data in case of application decommissioning.
- Ensures that processes of data storage, analysis and reporting are consistent with institutional procedures and data quality requirements.
- Degree in Information systems, Information management, Economics, Computer science or similar technical fields
- 6-9 years' overall professional experience including at least 4 years of professional experience in statistics, systems, data or systems management, analysis or equivalent professional field (knowledge of SQL or similar is a plus)
- Very good command of English, French is an asset
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written)
- Strong history of coordination capacity with multiple stakeholders
- Well organized, with very good analytical skills, able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize, to work in teams as well as independently
- Comfortable with working in shifts and travel on request
- Experience with ICRC and Economic Security is a strong asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Meaningful work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.