Location: Belgrade, Novi Sad
Want to learn about biometric verification and work with the latest generation of smartphone technologies? Interested in learning new platforms and new technology? This is the job for you! Daon is an innovative provider of award-winning biometric identity assurance software products and services focused on meeting the needs of governments and large commercial organizations worldwide. We are currently looking for highly motivated Mobile Engineers (Android) to join the (engineering) team in our offices in Belgrade and Novi Sad.
You will work closely with our Dublin and US Engineering teams to deliver frameworks and sample apps for Android. These applications will support biometric and/or document capture using the phone’s cameras and microphones, interface with onboard security capabilities, leverage GPS capabilities, and communicate with a server using REST services over a secure channel. You have experience developing enterprise applications on Android, have the flexibility and desire to learn new technologies, have strong knowledge of app deployment capabilities, and you can demonstrate solid UI/UX design. You strive to improve capabilities, pick up and champion new technology and programming languages, apply best software development practices, look to add value, and innovate.
- At least 3 years of Software Engineering experience with a product focus (we welcome seniors as well)
- At least 2 years developing applications using the Android platform
- Strong knowledge of Object-oriented concepts.
- Experience with multi-tiered applications and REST web services
- The ability to rigorously test software to ensure it meets the expected requirements. This includes the ability to create automated test suites
- Good working knowledge of build and configuration management; SVN, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, JIRA or similar tools
- The ability to work at all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Very good verbal and written English
- An opportunity to work in the growing world of biometric and identity management technologies
- The chance to be part of an established & successful product development team
- Competitive compensation & benefits
- Flexible working environment to create a very balanced work/life schedule for you and your family
- Possibility to travel abroad and much more!
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute introductory call with our HR Manager.
- Candidates selected for 2nd round interview will then be invited to a series of practical interviews with members of the technical team.
- Successful candidates will be selected and contacted with an offer to join our team.
If you believe you are the right person for this job, please send your CV to us. We are looking forward to hear from you. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. www.daon.com