With tens of millions of active users and hundreds of thousands of daily downloads, we’re among Europe’s leading iOS app developers. Our team of iOS engineers has been a driving force in our ascent so far. As well as leveraging advanced native iOS technologies, we’ve broken new ground with our own powerful libraries that make architecting and developing the highest-quality iOS apps as smooth and efficient as it gets. Now, we’re looking for a passionate, bright, and driven iOS engineer eager to bring our apps to the next level.
A few examples of your responsibilities
- Contribute to product development and product roadmap planning for apps with mind-blowing exposure on the App Store. Take a proactive role and ownership of the products you work on.
- Help define the software architecture of new apps or new features for existing apps—and then develop them. The work spans broadly, from engineering and coding features to polishing world-class user interfaces.
- Constantly improve the quality of our products by fixing bugs and refactoring the code base where necessary, as well as adding that wow factor to put a smile on our users’ faces.
- Expand our set of iOS libraries as needed to make our iOS engineers more efficient and effective.
- Stay up-to-speed with new technologies and test the promising ones to make sure we don’t miss out on game-changing opportunities to boost our productivity and the enjoyment of our work.
What we look for
- Passion. You love what you do, and your enthusiasm never wavers with the specifics of a given task or team. Whether you’re on a plane, train, or sofa, odds are that you’ll be found with your nose in a book or article on the subject.
- Reasoning and depth of learning. You’re structured and creative enough to solve most challenging problems independently, given the necessary knowledge. You learn new concepts and skills rapidly, and love to nerd out and go in-depth.
- Drive. You’re energetic and hard-working, and you persevere through adversity until the job is done—and done impeccably. You’re massively into getting results, and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- Curiosity and initiative. You love exploring, and are forever hunting down new opportunities and testing fresh ideas. Rather than waiting to be told what to do, you go seek.
- Logical-analytical abilities. You’re a quick learner who’s able to investigate and effectively pick up new concepts on your own. You can solve unforeseen challenges with creativity and structure, and can do so independently.
- Pragmatism. Far from being too academic or obsessive in your perfectionism, you understand that speed is often as important as quality when getting things done in a competitive world.
- Attention to detail. You take all the care in the world to develop quality user experiences for your colleagues, go the extra mile to learn what they need, and pore over the details that make the difference.
- Organization and structure. You’re meticulously organized and superbly structured, so you can handle multiple tasks and responsibilities with poise and precision.
- Humility. You’re down to earth, eager to listen to feedback and constructive criticism, and ready to support your team with whatever it needs to succeed.
- Proficiency in English. You read, write, and speak proficiently in English.
What we offer
- Real impact. We automate most menial tasks, freeing you up to focus your expertise where it can make the biggest impact.
- Talented, knowledgeable colleagues. Learn from (and teach) some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- The finest tools. You get the best hardware on the market and all the software you could need. We can't wait to introduce you to our high-tech approach and our cutting-edge workflows.
- Design for people, not clients. Here, there aren’t any clients doing backseat driving—we cater solely to our customers and users. That means you're free to unleash your creativity on the people whose opinions matter most: the product-loving public.
- International reach. We’re a global company, and your work will have worldwide exposure.
- Continuous education. Spooners get unlimited backing for learning investments, including Italian or English lessons and things like courses, conferences, and books. There’s no permission or approval process—you’re fully trusted to use the company’s resources efficiently.
- Remote working. Spend as much or as little time in our Milan office as you choose. Many Spooners like to change up their environment and get out of the city whenever the mood strikes. You’ve always got the freedom to decide where today’s office is.
- Flexible schedule. Our regular hours are 9-6 GMT+1, but this isn’t a “clock in, clock out” company. You’re fully trusted to create the right conditions for your own personal peak productivity. We only ask that you’re available to your teammates a good chunk of the day (six hours or so). That’s why it’s generally best to be based somewhere with a similar time zone—between GMT-2 and GMT+3.
- Competitive salary and stock options. Our compensation package is highly competitive, and can grow rapidly and include stock options, depending on your performance and seniority.
- Relocation package. To ease your move to Milan (should you decide to relocate), the first three months of rent are on us. Visa support is provided for those who need it.
The selection process
If you successfully pass through our screening process, we’ll invite you to take on a few tests that assess how you approach and solve unfamiliar problems. These tests don’t require any prior knowledge, and they should take a few hours to complete. If you’re successful there, we’ll invite you to take part in some interviews—normally two or three —to get to know each other and figure out if it’s a good fit for both parties. To limit human bias, all of our hiring decisions are made by a hiring committee rather than any individual.
Spooners come from all over the world and English is our working language. We welcome applications in English or Italian—whichever suits you best!
All interviews and assessments take place in English and are held online.
Bending Spoons is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider for employment all applicants, regardless of their race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, family status, political affiliation, disability, and any other legally protected characteristic. We’re committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.