About the company
Institute for Development Impact (I4DI) is a professional services company of development experts, who research, design and support high quality program and organizational effectiveness, globally. Our diverse team sits at the nexus of knowledge and practice, offering integrated analytical, design, performance management and organizational development services, across a range of development sectors. Passionate about the sustainable development of our world by improving the lives of all people and communities, we are critical thinkers who understand that life-long learning and equitable sharing of knowledge are cornerstones of leadership and growth.
We rigorously analyze development issues, then offer innovative and practical solutions that drive business performance and address key performance challenges. “Completing a job” for us, means leaving new capacity with our clients, along with the body of knowledge that has been generated through the engagement. Our clients come from the public, private and social sectors, implementing social impact programs around the world. Our goal is to support organizations, whatever their size, adapt their strategies to complex shifts in the institutional, economic and social environments, and effectively optimize their business systems.
We are looking for a:
About the position
I4DI is recruiting for a Web Designer to serve within its Information Technology and Software Engineering division in Serbia. With a growing global portfolio I4DI applies both scientific rigor and industry best practices in order to establish the balance between “do it right” and “do it fast”, allowing us to build long-lasting, stable and robust software systems. Our solutions are created using innovative and industry proven technologies such as Java, Spring Framework and Angular Framework.
The position will be responsible for the following:
- Conceptualizing creative ideas with key stakeholders
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate design ideas
- Designing sample pages including colors and fonts
- Preparing design plans
- Presenting and defending designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establishing design guidelines, standards and best practices
- Working with web developers to deploy designs
Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant diploma in related field and proven work experience as web designer
- Demonstrable design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in graphic design software (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, Adobe XD, and other visual design tools)
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date experience with latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
I4DI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for this position must hold authorization to work in Serbia.
No phone calls. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and acknowledged; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.