We’re Alchemy and we’re changing the world with software + science
We are an industry-specific cloud software company helping the $1 trillion specialty chemicals industry embrace digital transformation to accelerate innovations in chemistry. If you love advanced technologies, science, business software, and ambitious teams, we’d love to hear from you. With dual headquarters in San Francisco and Novi Sad, Serbia, we are a global company serving customers all over the world.
To learn more visit www.alchemy.cloud.
We’re looking for a passionate, well-rounded, UX/UI designer to join our core product team.
Our goal is to provide a simple yet efficient product experience for our customers. As the UX/UI Designer, you will guide the design choices behind different user flows and how we solve customer requirements. You’ll join a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup as a core member of the product team. This is a great opportunity to get in at the ground floor and join a company with a high degree of respect and appreciation for great product design.
- Collaborate with product manager and developer(s) to create a pipeline of product ideas to be implemented in the current platform
- Execute on all phases of the design process - wireframing, prototyping, creating pixel-perfect comps ready for final hand-off to engineering
- Create highly responsive designs for mobile, desktop, and tablet
- Participate in, or lead, user interviews to uncover problems and identify solutions for our users
- Assist PM during user testing to determine how efficient a design solution is, and how to improve it
- Identify new opportunities to improve our product
- Analyze and understand competitors and their designs, identify design solutions from different niches that could be implemented in our platform
- Build a Design system and work with the Front End team to explicitly add the created system to the UI
- Take care of each possible change of elements and create Alchemy UI methodology
- Investigation of product problems, create solutions in high-fidelity designs, mockups, and prototypes
- Communication with the team to optimize cost for each new feature or improvement
- Set up goals for each new feature and changes
- Intake users' feedback to identify new feature sets and iterations on existing functionalities
- Do user research, create user testing reports, present findings to the team, and make recommendations
- Investigate customers' needs and convert them into goals and milestones for the UX work
- 3-4 years of experience in UI, UX, and product design
- Portfolio of real-world work or samples relevant to software
- Strong typography skills, ability to synthesize complex data into user-friendly designs and text
- Experience working in tight groups where PM, developers, and marketing figures are working together to produce maximum results
- Awesome at designing for both responsive web and mobile experiences
- Understanding of best practices and current trends in UI/UX design
- Obsessive attention to picture-perfect details, but also able to understand timelines and full complexity of a project
- Pro skills with visual design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch
- Understand the technical requirements and limitations of web and native mobile apps
- Demonstrable experience designing and shipping complex projects from start to finish
Nice to have
- Experience running user interviews and testing sessions
- User interaction experience is a strong plus
- Experience designing for workflow-driven user flows
- Experience working with growth teams in an AGILE environment
- Experience in a startup environment
Qualities We Value
Initiative - we have a shared bias for action.
Transparency - we clearly communicate what we are working on and why.
Accountability - we take individual and collective responsibility for what we do.
Trust - we trust that our team members will deliver as promised.