Founded in 2010, Scrapinghub is a fast growing and diverse technology business turning web content into useful data with a cloud-based web crawling platform, off-the-shelf datasets, and turn-key web scraping services.
We’re a globally distributed team of over 180 Shubbers working from over 30 countries who are passionate about scraping, web crawling, and data science.
About the job:
As a UX Leader at Scrapinghub, you will be responsible for the User Experience across our Flagship Platform Web app. You will be in charge of front-end design aspects including maintaining design tools and processes. The work you’ll be overseeing will be impactful across a user facing product which 1000’s of customers interact with daily.
You’ll obsess about user interpretation - What they think about, what moves them, what frustrates them, what makes them happy; knowing that the right design decision can make all the difference. You’ll be surrounded by a team of top-notch engineers and business minds, and by joining us, you’ll make our team even stronger.
- You’ll be the champion for good product design practice, ensure high visibility of product design across the dev team, create a friendly space for collaboration and bring a huge level of user experience knowledge to the team.
- Your knowledge and vision for good design practices will help set foundations of design principles for Scrapinghub.
- You’ll work with your fellow team members to build out a UX strategy for the platform.
- Your approach to design will need to work in the context of our all-remote, global team. So design tools that work well remotely are essential.
- You’ll champion the importance of participation in critiques, content creation, and speaking engagements.
- You’ll play a big part in our design culture as we mature our product offerings.
- You will work day-to-day in an agile development environment.
- You’ll report to and collaborate with Head of Product to define OKRs for our design practice. This will firm up the team’s design process, define your responsibilities as the UX leader, and feed into the responsibilities of your junior designers.
- You have 5+ years experience in User Experience design and are used to solving complex problems relating to web applications, software, or developer tools through a Human-Centered approach.
- You have hands-on experience working on product strategy and product design for SAAS products.
- You have a deep understanding of front end development practices as it pertains to bringing design into the Product.
- You have demonstrable experience carrying out designs from hypothesis, user stories, user journeys, wireframes through iterative testing and constantly going live. Design thinking should be at the heart of what you do.
- You are extremely passionate about user research and usability testing, and you continually look to innovate our team’s user research abilities.
- You understand the limitations of both frontend and backend technology especially when collaborating with the development team.
- Experience developing clean, valid and compatible websites and applications.
- Ability to leverage web technologies to communicate ideas to stakeholders.
- Excellent leadership, communication, project management, organising and executing design sprints.
- Have excellent prototyping skills including creating wireframes and hi-fidelity mockups for user testing. Have lots of experience in design software such as Figma/Adobe XD/Sketch and Illustrator.
- Have experience in optimising imagery for the web including svgs, pngs and jpegs.
Bonus points for:
You find front end coding easy and can demonstrate your coding skills in:
- CSS animation experience.
- Experience with mobile responsive design.
As a new Shubber, you will:
- Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.
- Have the freedom and flexibility to work from where you do your best work.
- Attend conferences and meet with team members from across the globe.
- Work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.
- 35 days paid holidays
- Enrol in Scrapinghub's Share Option Programme