What you will do
The Texture Artist will produce photorealistic textures from scratch and see them through the textures pipeline from start to finish.
What we are looking for
- Someone to create photorealistic textures from scratch that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project
- Is assigned the most difficult work and complex sequences
- Complete tasks within production deadlines while being largely self-directed
- Be able to provide guidance and mentorship to other texture artists
- Work closely with the modeling artists to ensure all textures work smoothly throughout the pipeline
- Work closely with look development and lighting artists to ensure textures are working technically and
- aesthetically in the lighting pipeline
- Extensive experience working with photographic elements to create textures
- Understanding of color spaces and working in a linear-lighting pipeline
- Extensive experience editing and generating UVs
- Photoshop, Zbrush, Body Paint experience is preferred
- Photorealistic modeling, look development, or lighting experience is a plus
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Leading or mentoring experience is a plus
About the company
Focused on the future of filmmaking, Wonder Dynamics' mission is to revolutionize the production and post production process by leveraging state-of-the-art AI. We are striving to democratize the use of visual effects which will pave the way for the next generation of filmmakers. That mission attracted some of the most influential individuals in the film and tech industry that are now involved in our team. We're headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Why should you consider joining us?
This is a mid- or senior-level engineering role and we offer a competitive salary, valuable stock options and comprehensive benefits that allow individual flexibility for all employees to choose what makes the most sense for their personal situation.
Wonder Dynamics is committed to a culture of flexibility, diversity, and fun for all of our employees. We are working on some of the most challenging technical problems and we know the solutions will come from all of us working together in an inclusive, transparent and open manner.