As a Technical Writer at MENU, you will be at the epicenter of building the most open and extensible commerce platform for restaurants.
Your work will have a big impact on creating the best possible experience for developers connecting to our platform.
In this role, you will be responsible for writing beautiful API references, implementation guides, developer tutorials, support documents and validation scripts for the APIs developed by their team, breaking down complex technical concepts into simple explanations that enable developers to quickly develop applications and integrations that extend our platform.
Type of contract: Permanent
The key functions of the Technical Writer (API Docs) include:
- Collaborate with developers, QA engineers and product managers to understand the API products being developed and their capabilities
- Work with their team to design and understand the intended use and communication flows with the APIs
- Develop API references, implementation guides, tutorials and other documents aimed at helping developers connect to our platform
- Create organizational structures that make it easy for developers to find what they are looking for
- Review documentation written by their peers to maintain high quality standards
- Work with customers and partners to determine how documentation can be improved and streamlined
- Relay feedback to API developers to make sure the underlying APIs for your documentation are as good as they can be
- Minimum 2 years of experience writing API documentation
- Proven track record of successful API integrations built leveraging your documentation
- Deep technical understanding of REST APIs and SDKs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous development experience, either of personal or professional nature
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects under limited supervision, including timelines, tasks, teams, group dynamics, etc.
- Willingness to do what it takes to ensure the team accomplishes its goals
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and “can-do” attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to dive deep into technical details, while maintaining an understanding of the big picture
- Strong English language skills
Nice to Have
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working for a B2B SaaS company
- Opportunity to participate in creating a global industry-changing product
- Great international team and informal start-up atmosphere
- Strong company culture and team spirit
- Opportunity to learn and improve technical and soft skills
- Possibilities for career development as the company grows
- 25 vacation days
- Competitive salary
- Equity incentives
- Home office
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Launched in 2014 as an innovative IT start-up in Switzerland, MENU has grown into a strong and sustainable company that enables sophisticated ecommerce for restaurant brands. Its modular ecosystem with a central data hub encompasses both direct order and engagement channels – web, mobile & kiosk – and integrations with delivery marketplaces, Google & social media channels.
Striving to support restaurants in enhancing customer experience and boosting their growth worldwide, MENU has gained a strong foothold in the markets in Europe and the Americas, and is certified by ultra-large restaurant brands. In order to provide innovative and best-in-class solutions and services to its customers around the world, MENU fully relies on its team and is devoted to hiring passionate professionals.
MENU Co-Founder and CPO Marlon Koch was 14 years old at the time he came up with the initial idea for the product and wrote the first version of the code. In 2014 he founded the company together with Karl, released MVP and hired the product teams. Already in 2015 an IT hub was established in Serbia, and, since then, we have been only expanding both our team and our solution. Some of the people that joined MENU at that time are still with us.
What sets us apart and makes us unique is the level of product sophistication, how long we have been on this journey, and the experience we have gathered so far. Our team plays a key role in the success of our company and our customers, so we are always on the lookout for talented individuals who are passionate about technology and interested in growing within an in-house product company. Those who join MENU will receive full support to do their best, and together we'll go a long way to help digitalization efforts in the restaurant industry.
Sounds interesting? Check out our open roles and apply - https://www.menu.app/careers/
na osnovu 2 recenzije
Karijera / privatni život
Iskustvo o radu
Remote work Flexible work hours Stock options Amazing team and great team buildings Growth opportunities
Fast paced environment can be very demanding.
Prosečna neto plata
QA Specialist 1 plata
Strong company culture
Informal business environment
Private Health Insurance
Team building events - local and abroad
Remote work and flexi start
Conferences and courses
Stock Option Plan
25 vacation days and 10 days fully covered sick leave