AVAST Software (www.avast.com), the maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 30 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business - offered in about 40 languages.
Based in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talents in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
Right now we're looking for a new addition to our SMB Technical Support team, which helps small and medium businesses around the globe with Avast Business security products. You'll be the point of contact for our customers and partners day in and day out, supporting setup and usage of Avast products in fairly complex business environments, troubleshooting issues that may occur when our applications meet the customer's infrastructure, and shaping customer experience with our company, brands, and products.
If you love unpacking software problems, running hands-on troubleshooting to get to the bottom of things, and harnessing team work, expertise and communication to bring solutions to users, you'll fit right in with us!
Technical Support Specialist (German & English)
What will you do?
- Work with requests from our customers and partners over email, live chat and phone, identifying, analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving issues related to Avast products
- Help customers discover and use product features
- Coordinate with your team mates and stay on top of updates, to make sure Support is always available and acts as one
- Own your interactions with customers, adjust your tone and investigation techniques to the situation, create positive customer service experiences and instil confidence in our products and brands
- Contribute to maintaining the high standard of customer service across the board: every case you work will play into the quality of service we deliver as a team
- Collaborate with the higher Support tiers to ensure that customer issues are routed and resolved with maximum efficiency
- Master our products and continue to expand your knowledge of technology landscape to provide ever better support to our customers
You'll be successful in this role if you are:
- A team player with a strong sense of responsibility for results
- Self-motivated and driven by goals rather than assignments
- Analytical, structured and creative when it comes to troubleshooting. Problem-solving is in your nature
- A great communicator with a strong focus on relationships with your customers
- Experienced as a Help Desk or Customer Service representative (1-3 years)
- Proficient in German and English
Technical skills you have:
- Knowledge of Windows client OS’ (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10)
- Basic knowledge of Windows server OS’s (Server 2008 all versions, Server 2012 all versions, Server 2016 all versions)
- Basic experience using command line interface and a general knowledge of networking protocols and network services (UDP, TCP, DNS, firewall - ports, routing, etc.)
- Some experience with editing registry entries and awareness about performance counters, event logging, diagnostic tools & Windows services - DCOM, WMI, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy, Networking knowledge (DNS, IIS, firewall, ports, and routing).
- Microsoft MCP Certifications MCSE/MCSA are a plus.**
What we offer:
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator and much more
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- Amazing and truly international work environment
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
- Cafeteria benefit system
- And much, much more!