IO Global, creator of the Cardano blockchain platform, is looking for a Technical Manager to join its Integrations team. As Technical Manager you will be leading a new team in charge of integrating clients with one of our blockchain projects. You will learn about many products and components, and will be the expert who knows how best to integrate with them. You will need a commercial mindset because you will be working with external partners. You will initially be managing a team of two engineers and that will expand over time. You will be one of the faces of IOG for the outside world so you have to show professionalism, be curious, and adapt yourself to understanding complex businesses.
As a Technical Manager you will be responsible for the Integrations team, for the quality of the integrations and the satisfaction of our clients. You have the exciting challenge of working with cutting-edge research and technology with a focus on the market's needs. To support you in this, our products have software architects, product managers, project managers, formal methods specialists and QA test engineers, with whom you must communicate professionally, effectively and efficiently.
- Building relationships with product Owners and project managers
- You will be the technical contact for the project and in charge of validating the feasibility of deliverables and producing them
- Understanding technical, business and client requirements
- Continual improvement of our software stack and working methodology
- Communicating with the technical teams of our clients
- Mentoring software engineers in your team
- Following agile software development practices
- Working with teams across time zones
- Working independently on software development tasks
- Being proactive and requiring minimal supervision or mentoring to complete tasks
- Reviewing specifications produced by architects and formal methods specialists
- Contributing to the design of algorithms
- Writing clean, straightforward, efficient code that satisfies acceptance criteria and specifications
- Commiting often and submitting small pull requests frequently
- Covering your code with unit, property and integration tests when applicable
- Reviewing the pull requests of your team mates
- Fixing bugs in your own code and in the code from others
- Being available for emergency fixing of severe issues on deployed products
- Integrating software components and third-party libraries
- Verifying and deploying programs and systems
- Troubleshooting, debugging and upgrading software
- Writing documentation for the code
- Writing technical user manuals
- Expanding your knowledge of distributed and concurrent computation
- Expanding your knowledge of the basics of cryptography
- Expanding your knowledge of IOG and Cardano’s ecosystem.
- Degree in computer science is desirable but not essential
- Creates documentation in a way to share knowledge in a repeatable way
- Experience of working with Git and Git workflow
- Practical experience with agile software development methods
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming paradigms
- Experience of test-driven development, ideally BDD
- Experience of backend services and libraries
- Experience of assisting clients and integrating tools
- Experience of communicating with interdisciplinary teams
- Experience of team management.
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally searching for someone in a European or APAC timezone.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
Deadline for applications: 05.12.2021.
Input Output HK je kompanija za istraživanje i razvoj i lider u industriji na polju kriptografije i distribuiranih sistema. Otkako je kompanija osnovana 2014. godine, bila je pionir na novoj teritoriji u blockchain istraživanju, unapređujući znanje o industriji koji je proizveo njen tim kriptografa i istraživača.