Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
As a member of the Professional Services team, this position plays a key role in the success of customer implementations of the Commercial Loan Origination (CLO) product solution. CLO is a loan origination workflow platform that banks use to track commercial loans throughout the full lending lifecycle.
For help on product knowledge use https://www.fisglobal.com/banking-solutions/lending/commercial-lending.
What you will be doing:
- You will discuss the commercial lending life-cycle requirements and being responsible for the technical solution configuration as well as data migration.
- You will use and improve your skills to analyze, communicate, document and validate credit business requirements in the form of detailed functional specifications. Define complex user interface screens with a graphical form designer, capturing all data attributes and logic required to document the customer record and credit application.
- Configure the client’s Lending Process using a combination of Case Management (CMMN) and Business Process models (BPMN) using a visual flow-charting tool. Defining decision rules associated with Approvals and other business processes. Define and populate credit document templates including offer letters, term sheets and credit memos.
- Define a range of Credit Monitoring measures including covenants, conditions, policy exceptions and early warning indicators
- Define ETL processes to support integrations between CLO and other internal/external data sources
- Build Customer and Portfolio reports and dashboards using a range of report building tools
- Liaise with internal Product Management and Development teams to address functional gaps within the solution offering.
- You will also become a direct contact for various client subjects (feature requests, Issues, technical problems) which need to be coordinated within FIS.
- Conduct a variety of tests such as system, quality and peer reviews. Ensure that development is correct per the agreed upon documentation. Verify through testing that changes made to one part of the application do not impact other parts. Report and review testing results. Support also client User Acceptance Testing and resolve issues that are raised
- Manage software and configuration deployment between FIS and client, including automation scripts etc. and guide the customer in implementation best practices and manage customer expectations to ensure their success in the project
- Build real time and batch integrations using REST, file import/export and other approaches
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Organizational Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, or Information Technology - advanced degree is a plus
- 4+ years of industry experience as one of the following roles:
- Software Implementation Consultant within an IT company with experience in Commercial Lending solutions
- Employee of an IT department in a Bank or financial institution with responsibility of managing software changes and or programming
- End-to-end software implementation experience (preferably at a software vendor).
- Strong knowledge of credit life cycle management and business process management (BPM)
- Ability to analyze business and user needs and translate into proper system requirements and design specifications
- Appreciates the role of workflow and low-code platforms and their areas of strength
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g. executive, management, individual contributors).
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Good working knowledge of modern distributed web application architecture (Microservices, UI Frameworks, APIs) and understanding of system design considerations for such applications.
- Experience of designing and building complex integrations using RESTful APIs. Experience with other types of integrations (SOAP, file, DB, etc. …)
- Experience with web server platform configuration and set up (e.g. Microsoft IIS or Tomcat or JBoss)
- Experience with High Availability deployment topologies is a big plus
Added bonus if you have:
- Understands principals of multiple application development methodologies
- Hands-on experience with Commercial Lending software
- Experience with implementing a workflow platform in any industry sector where business processes need to be documented and automated.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio or other flow-charting tools to document processes
- Experience with software cloud hosting
- Experience of designing and /or working with relational data models / databases platforms, e.g. MongoDB
- Experience with writing reports using any of the following tools (Microsoft Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, Business Objects)
- Exposure to reporting and analysis tools
What we offer you:
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect in a global company
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and well-being (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your functional and technical skill set
- Career development opportunities in a new and growing business area of FIS
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.