The WordPress VIP team provides consulting, support, hosting, training, and other services to some of the biggest and best WordPress sites on the web. Our clients include Time Inc., Facebook, Microsoft, News Corp, FiveThirtyEight, The New York Times, and hundreds more.
As some of the biggest brands on the web, our clients are often defining and evolving models for using WordPress at scale. The WordPress VIP team helps our clients get the most out of WordPress, doing everything from providing guidance on a successful launch, to monitoring security and performance, to developing new tools to help improve our platform.
- Assessing client code and integrations with a focus on security and scalability.
- Understanding an organization’s needs at a deep level, and being able to recommend best practices and workflows as well as tools and plugins.
- Debugging complex problems and anticipating potential future needs and challenges.
- Assisting large organizations with the ongoing support of new features and functionality.
- Helping to shape our product vision and direction by functioning as the internal technical voice of our clients.
- All days can be pretty different, but a typical day will mostly involve working with the developers at our client’s organizations or the agencies representing them. This work may include: giving feedback on questions from a client; looking into a bug, reproducing it, creating a patch, and testing it; doing code review for clients or for other team members and giving feedback on the code; or writing small tools or working on a plugin.
We’d love to chat with you if you have:
- Professional experience in web development.
- Experience in testing and debugging code.
- Experience in communicating with other technical teams, particularly with enterprise level platforms.
- Experience with software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Eagerness to learn!
- Bonus points for experience with WordPress or familiarity with PHP.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe.
- Other benefits are country-specific, and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.