IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
You will have a team of Java developers to lead, mentor, and grow. You will also be responsible for developing the backend of online casino games. You will be working closely with a mathematician/game designer to convert their math into the GLE (Game Logic Engine). The GLE is written in Java and contains a library of features to support slot, tablet, and instant win game development. This is a remote role and can be located anywhere in Canada.
- Perform hands-on software design and development
- Architect solutions to novel problems using a homegrown rules engine
- Develop server-side game logic components and game simulations
- Work closely with your game team to develop real-money online gambling type games
- Mentor, train, and grow a team of developers
- Support and improve game logic engine updates
- Write unit tests and perform peer design/code reviews
- Work closely with game designers to determine feasibility of game features
- Work with remote teams in various time zones
- Design and develop tooling that will drive efficiency in workflows
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience with an emphasis on OOP/OOD development
- Proficient knowledge of Java language, platform, and core Java EE technologies
- Good conceptual understanding of object-oriented programming
- University education or equivalent work experience is required
- Experience with build automation tools like Jenkins, Maven and ANT required
- Experience hiring, leading, and training developers is a plus
- Have experience building tools using React and NodeJS is a plus
- Knowledge of GCP or AWS is a plus
Our Recruitment Process:
- CV review
- Face-to-face tech interview with a couple coding challenges.
- Coding Interview. What we assess here is your experience and programing background
- Candidates who successfully complete both steps are eligible to pass to the final behavioral round
- Usually, the whole process lasts 2-3 weeks
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, and to creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, covered veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, federal laws or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.