Sqreen is the application security platform for the modern enterprise. More than 800 organizations trust Sqreen to protect, observe and test their applications, APIs and microservices. As opposed to pattern-based approaches, Sqreen analyses in-app execution in real time to deliver more robust security without compromising performance. This empowers security owners to easily extend protection and visibility across their entire application portfolio without requiring on-going maintenance and tuning. With Sqreen, organizations of all sizes can strengthen their application security, decrease the number of security incidents and resolve incidents more quickly when they do occur.
For more information, please visit www.sqreen.com.
What we need your help with:
Calling all Data and Ops focused Technical leaders!
Sqreen is currently looking to add a Staff Engineer to our Platform Squad. This role will play a pivotal part in the evolution of Sqreen’s platform as we continue to grow and evolve our data-intensive architecture, working closely with the existing Backend Engineers of the Platform Squad (currently 4 members) as well as Nuno, our VP of Engineering.
The right candidate for this role will have proven experience as a technical leader from a similar data-intensive, large-scale, product company. You’re passionate about mentoring engineers. Ideally, you’ll also have some exposure to DevOps or SRE practices and tooling as well.
This role can be based in our Paris office or remote across Europe (we currently have team members in 5 cities in France with others in Lisbon, London, Kiev and Edinburgh for example!)
- Define and communicate the technical strategy (target architecture, tech debt, build/buy) for the Sqreen platform
- Mentor team members towards autonomy and technical excellence
- Guarantee the availability, latency, performance, and efficiency of our distributed platform
- Optimize the end to end latency of our data processing
- Validate the scalability of our platform (we are growing both in terms of data volume and engineers)
- Ensure the cost efficiency of our platform (AWS)
- Refine our data model to prevent inconsistencies and loss
- Iterate on the architecture of our platform to efficiently share services across various squads
- Contribute to and improve our engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Stay close to communities in your area, have a social presence, and contribute to make Sqreen a reference in software engineering and operational excellence
- Low ego and high emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Excellent communication skills (we work in English in a distributed and international context)
- Excited to work in a fast, high growth startup environment
- Experience and love for building data intensive applications at scale
- Experience with DevOps / SRE practices and tools
- Familiarity with AWS data offering (SQS, Kinesis, Athena, etc.) (bonus)
- Worked in a Python environment (bonus)
- While previous experience in application security is not required, healthy curiosity is preferred
Sqreeners come from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Diversity is important to us, so if you're unsure, please apply!
Why work for Sqreen:
- Be part of an incredibly talented team who are passionate about democratising security
- Join at a crucial stage of our development with a huge amount of runway for you to add value
- Beautiful 'Sqreenhouses' in central Paris (Sentier), and San Francisco (SoMa) - our Paris office is currently open but many Sqreeners work remotely
- An international, English speaking work environment
- Contribute tangibly to our core product, bringing value to our customers each and every week
- Join a product-focused company, with a deep commitment to learning
- Access to our broad network of Founders, Peers and Investors in Paris and San Francisco
Sqreen’s Hiring Process:
- 45 minute video call with our local Talent Partner
- 45 minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- Take home exercise, if applicable
- Virtual onsite with the team - 4 hours total
- Video call with Pierre, CEO of Sqreen
- Reference sqreen
On average the whole process takes 2-3 weeks end to end, but we're pretty flexible!