Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits and Unfolded. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the Team
The Unfolded Team is responsible for building out Foursquare’s revolutionary geospatial analytics and visualization platform..
About the role:
As part of a major investment in its Serbian Engineering operations Foursquare is seeking a Senior Manager of Engineering to build and run the Unfolded Cloud team, responsible for the backend software engineering
This person will be responsible for their team’s execution and ability to ship high quality software in a fast paced environment. They will also be responsible for setting the team technical direction and roadmaps, collaborating with stakeholders and partners in product, engineering, and go to market teams and making sure the right processes and tooling is in place to help the team deliver. They will help to cultivate the growth of the engineers on the team and their career paths at Foursquare as well as be a part of the engineering leadership team having an impact on engineering-wide policies and processes.
Foursquare is expanding its Serbia operations into a major development center and this is a unique opportunity to join early and be part of forming a great new engineering team.
The Senior Manager, Unfolded Serbia will work with our US-based VP of Engineering and serve a critical role in leading and expanding the Unfolded engineering team in Serbia, helping Foursquare continue to deliver disruptive geospatial analytics solutions.
The ideal candidate provides strong technical leadership, has a proven record of being able to recruit and grow strong engineers, is able to demonstrate initiative and professionalism and attention to detail. This position is full-time in Serbia but can be remote.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Responsibility for deliveries from the Serbian Unfolded engineering team.
- Recruit and grow a world-class engineering team.
- Coordinate with technical counterparts internationally.
- Drive innovation and engineering culture.
- Help secure feature development and customer deliverables.
- 10 years’ engineering experience, ideally several years of engineering management.
- Comfortable working remotely
- At ease with technology, able to quickly pick up new platforms and troubleshoot
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sound judgment, a high degree of professionalism, and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proactive, able to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Comfortable with Slack and Google Workspace apps (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Hangouts etc)
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor’s degree required
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.