What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- Basing your work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- Collaborating with a team both onsite and offsite -- about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote; we worry about results, not time spent in seats.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience designing and managing complex web-based applications, with a focus on picking the right tool for the job. We use Django and React, with MySQL and PostgreSQL as the backing data store, but we’re always on the lookout for technologies that can make our job easier.
- An appreciation for the importance to strike a balance between getting code out quickly and following best practices. We move fast, but we like to build good software and manage risk carefully.
- Excellent communicator: you’re comfortable explaining technical problems in person and in writing.
- Team player: you enjoy teaching new concepts to, and collaborating with, the team.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership; you will have come from an environment in which people are responsible for their own code.
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll be a part of Noom's rocketship-- revenue has grown 20x in the last 2 years and our team is growing fast.
- You’ll have wonderful benefits including healthcare/dental, wellness budget, daily gourmet meals prepared by our onsite chefs, and onsite yoga
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting your professional and personal growth: we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll add to our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit culture
Noom Inc. is a leader in mobile health coaching. We combine the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change. Our direct-to-consumer mobile applications have reached more than 45 million users worldwide-- and counting. We’ve leveraged our behavior change platform to incorporate the CDC’s Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP), and have expanded to programs for diabetes management, pre-hypertension, and hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a full-stack engineer to join our Web team and help build the tools that hundreds of human coaches use every day to help our users change their lives for the better.