Software engineer – Java (Spring Core, Spring boot, Spring Web MVC, Hibernate)
Gerniks startup project needs someone to join our committed team in progressing and developing. If you can handle FinTech web app with complex business logics don’t hesitate to let us know and help build the best product together.. We work together, we prosper together and we proudly extend this to our clients.
What we expect from you:
- 2+ year of professional experience working with Java programming language.
- Strong Java knowledge
- SQL databases
- Data structures
- Good experience with source control tools: Git
- Collaborate with other teams.
- Startup attitude
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements.
- Provide help and support to other team members.
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future.
- Stay up to date with new technology trends.
- Participate in conferences and educational programs.
Nice to have:
- Spring Core, Spring boot, Spring Web MVC
- NoSQL databases
- Microservice architecture, Big Data technologies (HBase, Hadoop, Kafka, Elastic search).
- Angular 2+
What to expect from us:
- Flat structure and fast decision making.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Flexible working hours. We value results not presence.
- A dynamic and modern working environment.
- A growing company which will enable you to leave your mark in the creation of an organizational culture.
- Challenging international projects.
- The opportunity to work with new technologies.
- Private health insurance. Possibility to insure also family members with huge discount.
- Educational budget and premium access to almost all learning platforms.
- Work from anywhere you like. Office is an option but not must.
- Scheme of extended vacation days based on multiple parameters.
- Opportunity to travel to client locations.
- Free pick of working equipment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At Gerniks, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community.
Gerniks is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Gerniks is a new software development company in the business. We have been in incognito mode for a few years already, building our own product for the DACH region and have done deeply integrated work with a few partners on their development, design, devOps, AI/ML, QA, and product initiatives.
We have a lot of experience in designing and leading big scale projects despite being young and new to the market. Having people all around Serbia, with offices located in Belgrade and Nis, our team consists of experts in their respective fields and a new generation of talented young people interested in ironing their skills.
We allow our employees to explore their interests and help them find what works best for them. Enabling them to do what they like the most, makes our business more successful. We are always on the lookout for talented people and have a record of providing opportunities to those at the start of their journey.
What we offer is team spirit like no other, and an environment where learning, support, and guidance from your colleagues is guaranteed.