NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
TITLE: Software Support Engineer
LOCATION: Belgrade, Serbia
The Software Support Engineer position requires extensive knowledge of all Digital Insight core and Third party vendor products; including collaborative skills and the ability to build strong partnerships with various cross-functional groups throughout NCR, Digital Insight Software Solutions. A professional and positive demeanor is essential to this job. An understanding of the service and consultative nature of this position is crucial as well, i.e., the primary and forefront goal for team members is to service high-profile customers in the most efficient and beneficial manner possible. A deep understanding of their set up and ability to consult and advise on best practices will be critical.
- Software Support Specialist are the primary interface with the customer (assisted and self-support) to get up and running, diagnose and resolve problems, match the customer to the right offering, recommend and train customers how to best use the offerings and provide other value-added services.
- This role uses their experience plus existing documentation to diagnose and drive resolution for questions or issues reported by customers.
- Ability to works on assignments that are not routine and may not be documented.
- Identifies, communicates and participates in process improvements.
- Can frame and escalate most issues that are not found in existing resources that support software support.
- Frames, updates and re-uses knowledge and provides input to existing knowledge or frames the problem to be solved. Creates knowledge content (articles) when they have a known solution that is not documented.
- Effectively documents and shares problems and solutions
- Analyzes and diagnoses problems and applies known solutions.
- Understands the most commonly applicable DI offerings and can proactively apply the offering capabilities to the customer situation.
- Proficient in general computer technical skills; differentiates problems caused by the DI offering vs. non-DI caused problems.
- Communicates (verbal and written) complex issues in ways that the customer easily understands and can apply the solution.
- Most highly valued skills for this role
- Successfully completed customer outcomes
- Delighted customers
- Clear, concise case documentation
- Knowledge Base contributions
- Timely, appropriate escalations with fully documented issues
- Process improvement recommendations
- Ability to manage cases and work projects concurrently
- Strong Brand
- Flexes communication style to match the customer's need.
- Diffuses emotional customer.
- Along with your outstanding drive for accomplishment, the successful incumbent will bring with them:
- 2-3 years in an online banking, software support or technical services environment.
- Must possess a technical understanding of software development and associated processes.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, a strong customer orientation and good organizational skills. Must be able to tell the story of achievement.
- Individual must be process orientated, self-motivated and creative problem solvers.
- Must work well under pressure
- Must be able to work independently, yet maintain great relationships with peer team and cross-team members
- Must be able to multi-task
- Fluency in English
- Willingness to work US work shifts
- Help desk or call center experience in Service/Cloud environment
- Financial Institution online banking and mobile support
- Quicken, Quickbooks, Business Banking, Payments, Money Movement or Online Transaction Experience
- Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.