Gooten is a workflow automation platform for eCommerce businesses to create products, market their businesses, and provide first mile logistics services on a global basis. Gooten's platform allows for thousands of eCommerce companies to access on-demand production capacity, with an integrated product creation tool set that provides out of the box customization and personalization. Businesses powered by Gooten can source and identify new products and trends, run promotions, and track analytics on new and repeat purchasers, while focusing business efforts on what drives revenues - creating, developing and marketing brands and products.
By joining Gooten, you will become part of a global team that is dedicated to increasing company efficiency and revenue through design optimization and brand value.
About the role:
As one of the Gooten Engineering Managers, you will be responsible for growing and leading a team of highly skilled engineers that are actively working on our Platform. This will include overseeing project planning, development, as well as career growth of each team member.
The Gooten platform handles thousands of complex print-on-demand orders each day leveraged by our in depth product creation, order management services, integrations, and dynamic routing. Our store owner partners enjoy our platform for its consolidation of their many ecommerce shops and our speed to deliver through our globally distributed vendor network.
We’re looking for a proven leader who will be able to foster the growth of a diverse engineering team while driving highly critical technical projects end-to-end. You should be motivated, extremely knowledgeable about systems engineering and shipping software with high quality on time.
What you will do:
- Hire, lead and manage a distributed Engineering team of 7+ engineers
- Be responsible for the Software Development process
- Work closely with Product Management to define product requirements and develop the execution plan to meet those requirements
- Build, own, and operate reliable software experiences, systems, and services
- Establish and maintain technical specifications
- Remove impediments and ensure consistent team delivery
- 10+ years as a software engineer with operational experience leading high-performance engineering teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- Excellent communication skills
- You can break down complex technical problems into small, release-able, user valued features
- Capacity to navigate between business and technical domains of a software implementation project, providing leadership in both
- Excellent ability to lead, inspire, and mentor skilled engineers
- Proven experience leading teams in Scrum/Agile methodologies
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with all/some of our tech stack: .NET/C#/Clojure/React/MySQL
- Familiarity with all/some of our tools: Github/Jenkins/Azure/Jira/Portfolio
We nurture a culture of open communication. Because our team is a collection of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, we have seen a great level of cross-team cooperation. We are a globally distributed team, with individuals located in Europe, North America and South America. Gooten offers a suite of benefits, as well as many opportunities to continue to develop new skills and socialize with our extraordinary team members.