We’re looking for Software Engineers of all levels to join our growing community. You will be working with our frontend or backend tech stacks according to your experience. We select our technology based on common sense application, not just trends. We love exploring modern frameworks and languages including React, React Native, Clojure, and Kotlin. You are encouraged to apply even if you aren’t experienced with our tech stacks – we value the process and a willingness to learn. Depending on your skill level, this can be a senior position which will include leading junior developers and providing them with constructive feedback. Our demanding recruitment process is in place to ensure you can work with the most efficient and high quality team. Our engineers hold Masters and PhD degrees in computer science, win coding competitions, and have worked for leading tech giants.
Who you are
- You’re often learning new things and finding clever solutions.
- You feel confident making decisions and suggesting your own ideas. You trust yourself and others to make the right call and take responsibility.
- Open Minded
- You want to be part of a welcoming community and use technology to make the world better.
- You make well-reasoned and specific decisions. Rather than just follow trends, you would prefer to do meaningful and lasting work with technology.
- Fast learner
- You get oriented to new concepts quickly. You have demonstrable critical thinking skills and understand the value of reasoning out problems.
- You know how to interpret data contextually and also apply it to new situations.
- You love technology but never use it for its own sake – always looking for what makes the most sense in context.
- Process designer
- You are process driven and detail oriented. You can design new processes, understand and modify existing ones, and retire obsolete ones.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop, and improve products for the global fintech industry - including digital banks and blockchain-based products.
- Develop and maintain an above-standard code for our products.
- Select and apply the most appropriate framework, database, or programming language.
- Communicate and collaborate with Product Owners and team members.
A great software engineer should have
- Demonstrated skill in programming.
- Past experience as a frontend, backend, or full stack developer.
- Experience with and the ability to adapt to a variety of programming languages.
- Strong intuition for problem solving and process improvement.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate your thought process.
- Advanced English language skills.
What you get in return
- 1800 – 9000 € + Equity
- Our community enables you to expand your knowledge and follow your personal projects to their fullest potential.
- In return for the responsibility you take on, we give you the freedom to get your work done the way that suits you.
- We want your work to have a positive impact and feel meaningful.
- Whenever possible, we will share the company’s decisions, triumphs, mistakes, lessons learned, and future plans.
Benefits and Perks
- Work from Home and flexible hours
- If you need to pick up your kids from school or head to a doctor’s appointment that’s fine with us – we let you structure your hours around your needs. Work from home is an option if you feel it suits your workflow.
- Performance and compensation evaluations
- We offer quarterly compensation evaluations and provide feedback for your performance.
- Family Friendly
- We’re happy to offer paid parental leave, 2 weeks off for partners with newborns, and shortened hours for new parents who wish to return to work.
- We also host family friendly events and more.
- Unlimited sick days
- You know best how much rest you need and we trust you to use your unlimited sick days with integrity.
- Vacation Days
- 20-25 vacation days, plus additional country-specific days off
- Paid days for professional growth
- We want to show our commitment to constant learning. You can arrange time for continued education, training, and tech conferences.
- LGBT+ Friendly
- From building products like the digital bank Daylight to address underbanking in the LGBT+ community to hosting our very own pride events – we stay true to our values by taking action.
- Community and team-building activities
- Our events and parties help you enrich your social life and build team spirit and camaraderie with your Vacuumlabs colleagues.
- Concierge services
- If you get busy and the little tasks start to add up, you can ask our concierge to recommend and schedule professionals, send or receive parcels, and even have your groceries delivered to the office.
- Daily lunch
- Depending on the office location, we provide catering or outside meals.
- We provide on-site mental health professionals for both crisis intervention and long term therapy. You can also purchase a MultiSport card (currently unavailable in HU).
Vacuumlabs provides design, product development, engineering, and data science services for the fintech industry.
We support clients from 8 locations in Europe, North America, and Asia. The history of our successful collaborations includes companies at all stages of development – leading corporations, scaleups, and startups.
Focusing on banking and cryptocurrency, we explore topics in cloud banking, community banking, and blockchain technology. We're proud of our track record of working with clients such as Standard Chartered, Twisto, Erste Group IT, Kiwi, Railsbank, Doconomy, Emurgo Innovatrics, and others.
We're hiring - let's get to know each other!