If you're early in your software engineering career and have big goals to become a top tier developer, this is the career-building role you have been searching for.
In this role, you'll be part of an engineering team comprised of the top 1% of global talent focused on re-building and re-factoring essential B2B products before re-deploying them as true cloud-native applications. We have an obsession with software code quality (In our last quarter, shipping every 7 days, we pushed over 16,000 code changes across 120 products with less than a dozen regressions!). We expect nothing less than perfection and have invested in building the standards and tools that will allow you to off-load highly manual, labor-intensive, and low-level development work and focus on building great software.
This is a unique opportunity to build a strong career foundation working in a role with a laser focus on high quality code across multiple products at once. We will teach you how to meet our demanding quality standards so you can ship perfect code. Don't waste your time working in those other teams that lack the right work structure and commitment to code quality. Join us in rebuilding products as cloud-native applications and take your career to the next level.
What you will be doing:
- Write production code for hundreds of commercial SaaS products following a TDD methodology
- Perform more substantive work due to the huge investment we've made in tooling and automation based on the ideas provided by our engineers.
What you will NOT be doing:
- Getting spoon-fed easy changes or small parts of complex problems already solved by senior team members.
- Getting bored being focused on a single, slowly-evolving codebase. In this role you'll learn new codebases and tech stacks week to week.
- Reviewing someone else's code to find issues and errors.
We hire the top 1% of engineering talent and place you in a highly specialized role working on multiple products at a time. In this role you will:
- Write high quality code every day
- Create elegant solutions to resolve difficult bugs
To produce high-quality work in this role you must hold firm:
- A belief in test-driven development
- A love for simple, clear, bullet proof-code and elegant solutions, and
- An obsession with eliminating bad code that drives you to refactor badly written code before inserting a line of your own
- Ability to ramp up quickly, learning new codebases and technologies every week