As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role
This is a fully remote role. We will consider applicants based in North America and Europe.
This opening is for an experienced Software Engineer in Test who will write tests and test harnesses for backend trading components, including the matching engine, market data gateways, internal and external APIs, and other backend trading services. The candidate should combine software engineering skill, testing/QA knowledge, and infrastructure/systems knowledge to build everything from the test harnesses, Docker images and CI pipeline scripts, to the automated tests themselves.
Daily work includes requirements and specification analysis, writing and pushing test code, and reporting of defects discovered, testing progress, and remaining release risks.
- Identify test coverage gaps in new and existing back-end trading components
- Build out test coverage, writing all tests using an imperative programming language
- Write CI scripts, ensuring test failure reasons are clear to developers reading the CI logs
- Build out modular test code repositories, pushing code daily or near daily
- Track project priorities and deadlines and ensure test coverage is adequate before release
- Raise awareness of any testing gaps and risks to project leaders on an ongoing basis
- Work independently to read through existing test code and CI scripts to understand how things work
- 5+ years combined professional experience between development and testing work
- Proven experience writing new software functionality or tools independently from scratch
- Comfortable working in codebases of up to several thousands of lines of code with minimal assistance
- Comfortable writing not only tests but all frameworks and tooling required to support new functionality
- Comfortable writing multi-threaded code
- Comfortable working from the command line and writing tools targeting this mode of operation
- Comfortable and productive working on a remote-first, asynchronous basis
- Familiar with common communication protocols (HTTP, SSL/TLS, TCP) and data serialisation formats
- Familiar with Unix-based operating systems, Docker, and Git
- BS in computer science or a related quantitative field
- Ideally experience with Python or GO but also open to Java
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Kraken je platforma koja je od strane nezavisnih medija konstantno ocenjivana kao najbolja i najsigurnija platforma za razmenu bitkoina. Sa seištem u San Francisku, Kraken je najveća kompanija za razmenu bitkoina u području eura. Krakenovi klijenti takođe trguju sa USD, CAD, ETH, XRP, LTC i mnogim drugim digitalnim valutama.