Software Engineer – Platform/DevOps
Yeah, we know DevOps is an approach, culture, philosophy, not a position. But we find it’s a fitting job title: one that provides the job description and required skill set in just the name alone. What we want to achieve with our DevOps approach is to get as close as possible to having all the infrastructure and its processes automated and optimized. It’s a big goal, but we’re sure someone with the right mix of experience and drive can lead our DevOps efforts. We also get that no one is going to be a master of every technology listed. What we’re really after is someone with a good foundational understanding of these principles and a drive to learn more.
Who you are
- You can express complex ideas and results in a clear and concise manner. You stay in touch with your colleagues and keep the team updated.
- Critical Thinker.
- You reason through problems carefully and have well thought out arguments for your plans.
- You can work independently and without much guidance. You can accept responsibility and trust yourself to make important decisions.
- You will seek out and plan new projects in the realms of data of your own volition. You’re very hands-on in your approach and can make suggestions for process improvements.
- Fast learner.
- You get oriented to new concepts quickly. You have demonstrable critical thinking skills and understand the value of reasoning our problems.
- You love technology but never use it for its own sake - always looking for what makes the most sense in context.
- You’re often learning new things and finding clever solutions.
- Open Minded.
- You want to be part of a welcoming community and use technology to make the world better.
What you’ll do
- Creation and maintenance of cloud-based infrastructure as code.
- Creation and maintenance of different environments (test, development, production).
- Setup of continuous integration and deployment processes.
- Setup of monitoring, network, databases, load balancing and reporting.
- Improvement of infrastructure security including access rights, encryption, and backups.
- Seek out new technologies and propose those that fit the requirements best.
What you need to succeed
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, Go, or Rust.
- Knowledge of OS concepts such as sockets, virtualization, process management.
- Knowledge of how to set up & configure web servers such as NGINX, Apache, Tomcat, Caddy.
- Familiarity with forward and reverse proxies.
- Hands-on experience with containers (Docker, LXC).
- Hands-on experience with configuration management such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Hands-on experience with container orchestration (Kubernetes or Nomad).
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure provisioning (Terraform, Pulumi).
- Hands-on experience with some CI/CD tooling such as CircleCI, GitLab CI, GitHub Actions, ArgoCD or Spinnaker.
- Tangible experience with at least one cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Being really in sync with life in the terminal.
What you get in return
- 1800 – 9000 € + Equity
- Our community enables you to expand your knowledge and follow your personal projects to their fullest potential.
- In return for the responsibility you take on, we give you the freedom to get your work done the way that suits you.
- We want your work to have a positive impact and feel meaningful.
- Whenever possible, we will share the company’s decisions, triumphs, mistakes, lessons learned, and future plans.
Benefits and Perks
- Work from Home and flexible hours
- If you need to pick up your kids from school or head to a doctor’s appointment that’s fine with us – we let you structure your hours around your needs. Work from home is an option if you feel it suits your workflow.
- Performance and compensation evaluations
- We offer quarterly compensation evaluations and provide feedback for your performance.
- Family Friendly
- We’re happy to offer paid parental leave, 2 weeks off for partners with newborns, and shortened hours for new parents who wish to return to work.
- We also host family friendly events and more.
- Unlimited sick days
- You know best how much rest you need and we trust you to use your unlimited sick days with integrity.
- Vacation Days
- We don’t track vacations, so you can arrange vacation and extended leaves with your department manager according to project schedules.
- Paid days for professional growth
- We want to show our commitment to constant learning. You can arrange time for continued education, training, and tech conferences.
- LGBT+ Friendly
- From building products like the digital bank Daylight to address underbanking in the LGBT+ community to hosting our very own pride events – we stay true to our values by taking action.
- Community and team-building activities
- Our events and parties help you enrich your social life and build team spirit and camaraderie with your Vacuumlabs colleagues.
- Concierge services
- If you get busy and the little tasks start to add up, you can ask our concierge to recommend and schedule professionals, send or receive parcels, and even have your groceries delivered to the office.
- Daily lunch
- Depending on the office location, we provide catering or outside meals.
- We provide on-site mental health professionals for both crisis intervention and long term therapy. You can also purchase a MultiSport card (currently unavailable in HU).
Vacuumlabs provides design, product development, engineering, and data science services for the fintech industry.
We support clients from 8 locations in Europe, North America, and Asia. The history of our successful collaborations includes companies at all stages of development – leading corporations, scaleups, and startups.
Focusing on banking and cryptocurrency, we explore topics in cloud banking, community banking, and blockchain technology. We're proud of our track record of working with clients such as Standard Chartered, Twisto, Erste Group IT, Kiwi, Railsbank, Doconomy, Emurgo Innovatrics, and others.
We're hiring - let's get to know each other!