Are you a software engineer with a passion for trying to understand complex systems and data flows? Join Information Retrieval, Big Data, and Machine Learning powerhouse Clarivate as we reinvent the platform that protects the world’s most powerful brands.
We are looking for a Java engineer who have the talent to write well designed backend and frontend software and are used to working with lots of data. Our team is creating a system for evaluating trademark similarity, using complex data pipelines, MongoDB and AWS technologies.
About you- experience, education, skills and accomplishments
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer developing commercial software.
- 2+ years of object-oriented and functional programming experience in Java and Angular.
- 2+ years of experience with Spring 5.x and Springboot 2.x.
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience with REST development using Spring MVC.
- Ability to work with remote teams.
- Agile development experience.
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with MongoDB, EKS and Docker
What will you be doing in this role?
- Analyze and reverse engineer existing code bases.
- Design and write new components using good object-oriented practices.
- Write unit test, integration test, tests comparing different systems, and performance tests.
- Participate in code reviews, to improve your own code and other people’s code.
- Analyze and debug complex issues on our production systems.
- Write documentation to explain how systems work and can be maintained.
- Maintain, improve, and integrate existing components and applications.
Product you will be developing:
Our team is creating a system for evaluating trademark similarity, using complex data pipelines, MongoDB and AWS technologies. We are using latest technologies on both Back End and Front End.
About the Team:
Your colleague engineers are located in Belgium, Ukraine and India and the team is led by a technical engineer. Apart from collaborating closely together with your direct peers, you’ll be connecting regularly with our trademark product stakeholders and colleagues from platform, service or security technology team members.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Lunch
- Yearly Bonus
- Yearly Merit Plan
- Company Shares
- My Learning Platform
- Family benefits: Bushido kids sports school, tutorship lessons
- Fit Pass
- Mental health care- Psychotherapy sessions
- Company bicycles for rent free of charge
Hours of work:
For this role we’re looking for a fulltime permanent employee.
Your team members are working in the CET time zone working flex time (mostly starting in between 8 am and 9 am till 4:30 pm and 6 pm). You have the opportunity to work in a hybrid environment, where you can spend time in a fantastic office with indirect colleagues or work from home.
#LI-Remote , #LI-Hybrid , #LI-Onsite
At Clarivate, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons with respect to hiring, compensation, promotion, training and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. We comply with applicable laws and regulations governing non-discrimination in all locations.