About the project
Our client, a top user reviews-based travel platform, is looking to expand its team of expert coders.
In this role, as a Software Engineer, you will do what you do best: code. Alongside our other engineers, you will release code to production every few days and we have a daily release cycle, while taking responsibility for its quality.
- At least 5 years’ experience of commercial software development;
- Experience in web development with Java;
- Good experience of web front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS);
- Familiarity with Linux;
- Ability to design and query relational databases;
- Willingness and ability to take on new technologies;
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions;
- Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct and efficient code;
- High quality verbal and written communication skills;
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work;
- Fluency in English.
- Operate across the client’s evolving technology stack (Java, React, SQL and more);
- Be responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance;
- Touch code at every level – from the UI, through back-end microservices and down to the database;
- Collaborate closely with Product and design teams to define feature specifications and develop high quality deliverables for our customers;
- Work alongside other engineering groups located around the world .
- Experience of Search Engine Optimisation would be a benefit.
- Healthcare benefits (Private Medical Insurance, various extra medical advantages);
- A more active lifestyle with the help of our PentaSport activities;
- French, German and English courses;
- Free pass to learning platforms;
- Meal vouchers;
- Mentorship programs;
- Access to a technology roadmap;
- Full support to upgrade yourself (conferences and certifications);
- New-born maternity grant;
- A front-row seat to PentaBARs – our after-work tech events with a twist.
As a leading European Software Services company operating internationally in France, Romania, Germany, Poland, Moldova, UK, Vietnam, Mexico and USA, we employ over 1,200 engineers and IT experts who work in a very dynamic, multicultural working environment.
At Pentalog, your talents & ambitions are recognized and rewarded; we offer plenty of opportunities to develop as an individual, as well as a professional, and we reward our collaborators who understand the importance of self-improvement.
Deadline for applications: 12.06.2023.