We are seeking to hire a Software Engineer with a solid understanding of networking concepts and Proxy servers. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop software that powers several of our core services and to coordinate with other teams working on different layers of the infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with agile teams to develop Edge applications by providing architecture guidance and hands-on technical coding/scripting support during all phases of agile SDLC.
- Design and develop Proxy, Caching Server and Control Plane
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C/C++ code
- Build efficient Applications with optimal performance and elastic scalability
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong proficiency in C/C++, Go with a fair knowledge of the language specification.
- Thorough knowledge of the data structures, algorithms, and modern C++
- Good understanding of functional vs object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of asynchronous programming and multi-threaded programming
- Experience developing and debugging networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP1.x/2, TLS, etc)
- Experience with Linux development environment
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Familiarity with debugging and performance analysis tools, such as GDB, Valgrind, Gperf, Address Sanitizer, etc
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of git versioning tools
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field
- Experience working with Envoy proxy is plus
- Experience with gRPC, message streaming (Kafka, zeromQ) is a big plus
- Experience in building large-scale distributed systems such as DNS, CDN/Edge, Load Balancer is a big plus.
- Experience with a modern build system like Bazel
- Solid understanding of Kubernetes and Docker/OCI technology
What we offer
- Convenient office location to all major public transportation lines
- Training sessions for the product and tools we’re using
- Plenty of office events such as happy hours and learning sessions
- Plenty of opportunities while we grow and scale
Deadline for applications: 03.08.2022.