Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform, dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the world's most accurate, trustworthy location data, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is utilized by our mobile apps CityGuide and Swarm, as well as the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands, like Samsung, Spotify, Uber, Airbnb and others.
Foursquare’s flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact and drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest and real-world behavior patterns (Places and Visits), and tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification and visualization (Studio).
About the role:
Foursquare is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Analytics team and work on evolving the novel data processing pipelines from a proof of concept to a fully operational user-facing product. In addition, you will work closely with engineering and product teams and interact with our customers.
About the team:
The Analytics team consists of data scientists and engineers working together on building data processing pipelines, which are analyzing large-scale sets of geospatial data. In addition, the team provides the infrastructure that enables utilizing the latest technology stacks and improving our data quality.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build and maintain new data processing pipelines that will be used by our clients and other Foursquare teams
- Build resilient services and tooling which will drive and improve processing of petabytes of geospatial data
- Write test automation, conduct code reviews, and take end-to-end ownership of production deployments
What you’ll need:
- BS/BA in a technical field such as computer science
- 2+ years of experience in software development working with production-level code
- Experience in one or more of programming languages that we use
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights
- Strong algorithms and data structures knowledge
- Experience with Unix/Linux
Nice to have:
- Experience with large-scale data analytics (preferably with Spark framework)
- Experience with relational or document-oriented database systems
Our Tech Stack:
- Languages: Python, Java, Scala
- Tools for pipeline orchestration: Airflow
- Frameworks: PySpark
- Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- Data stores: SQL and NoSQL
Benefits and perks:
- We are a fully flexible company that allows you to work from any location in Serbia or from our Belgrade office
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Private medical insurance
- Education stipend
- Home Office Setup, you get all the necessary hardware
- Summer Fridays, two non-working Fridays each July and August
- Learning and development programs
- Professional coaching
- Restricted Stock Units
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.