Would you like to learn about biometric verification and work with the latest generation smart phone technologies? Interested in learning new platforms and new technology? This is the job for you! Daon is an innovative provider of award-winning biometric identity assurance software products and services focused on meeting the needs of governments and large commercial organizations worldwide.
You will work with our Belgrade, Dublin and US Engineering teams to help deliver enterprise class software and SaaS solutions. Responsibilities include evaluating, designing, developing and implementing software solutions to address complex business issues and will provide technical leadership within the Engineering department. This role will be part of our flagship IdentityX product development team and will be responsible for creation of new products and evolution of existing products. You have the flexibility and desire to learn new technologies and have strong knowledge of software design and architecture. You strive to improve capabilities, mentor a team of developers, apply best software development practices, look to add value, and innovate. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a skilled team in an interesting and growing technology space.
What you will do:
- Design, develop and execute software solutions
- Provide architectural design and technical leadership to our development teams
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Collaborate with Product Management and internal stakeholders to produce cutting-edge software and SaaS solutions
- Understand how our products are used, deployed, monitored, and managed and implement best practices to achieve corporate goals.
- Interpret business requirements to articulate the business needs to be addressed
- Identify solutions to complex problems
- Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently
What you have:
- A minimum of 7 years designing and building enterprise-class software products
- Experience working on complex software projects where you have brought a project from inception to delivery
- A strong knowledge of Java and modern frameworks
- Experience working with cloud platforms - AWS an advantage
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of what it takes to deliver a full software package - from client applications along with the server-based services which powers those clients
- Experience working with most of the following technologies is a plus: Spring Boot, Spring Framework, REST web services using Spring MVC, Hibernate
- Good understanding of modern software patterns
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to create solutions to different problems. Desire to learn new skills and keep up to date with advances in development tools and frameworks
- The right candidate should have: Strong OO skills, familiarity with modern multi-tiered applications and a good understanding of web technologies
- The ability to rigorously test software to ensure it meets the expected requirements. This includes the ability to create automated test suites.
- Experience working in a CI/CD pipeline along with experience of a good working knowledge of build and configuration management; Git, GitHub Actions, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA or similar tools.
- The ability to work at all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies
What we offer:
- Flexible work environment
- Hybrid approach - work from home or office
- Modern new office in the city center in Belgrade
- Working hub in the center of Novi Sad
- Health & Wellness
- Full-covered medical insurance for you and your family
- Fitpass Card
- Company-sponsored life insurance
- Learning & Development
- An opportunity to work with the latest tech stack within the growing world of biometric and identity
- Support in personal skills development through internal and external education
- Great Culture
- Organized Sport&Social Club and company events
- Supportive and friendly people
- International working environment
- Possibility to travel abroad and much more!
- Selected applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-45 minute introductory call with our HR team.
- Candidates selected for a 2nd round interview will then meet with member(s) of the technical team for a deeper dive on technical knowledge and background.
- 3rd round interview will be with Daon’s Head of Engineering (interviews with technical team member(s) and the Head of Engineering may be switched, dependent upon availability)
Come join the team that is changing the way biometrics and identity authentication operate globally!