Are you an experienced Software Architect? Do you love the idea of guiding students to a future career in Software Architecture? Then you have come to the right place! We are looking to recruit experts to share their knowledge and skills as mentors of students on our Software Architecture path.
Why become a mentor?
Share (your knowledge): you'll have a clear and direct impact on students life.
Acquire (experience): mentors often say they learn a lot from their students. Mentoring isn't about imposing one's worldview on others. It's about knowledge, support, and listening.
Earn (money): all mentors are paid for their time and can make between €35 - €40 per hour.
Enjoy (flexibility): mentors set their own schedules. You can have only one student to start and increase to 5, 10, or more later if you want. You can work where you want, anywhere in the world, as the whole gig takes place online.
As a mentor, your role would be to support and accompany individual students once per week over videochat in order to help them acquire competencies by projects and complete their learning path. Paths on OpenClassrooms are made up of fully-online courses and projects, and completing the projects allows students to earn internationally-recognized degrees.
We are looking to recruit mentors with a minimum of 5 years' experience as a Software Architect or technical lead who is at ease with:
- Java and Java technologies (maven, Eclipse IDE) / Advanced
- Algorithm analysis and development
- Unit Testing frameworks and tools, Test Driven Development
- Design patterns and techniques, architecture design skills, DDD, UML, IoC, Dependency injection, microservices...
- Develop maintainable operating models, technical design principles, and enterprise architecture artefact guidelines
- Leading on architectural decisions, consulting with stakeholders
- Agile/Scrum environments
All mentors must:
Be a good listener and like helping people accomplish their projects
Be available at least 1 hour per week in order to mentor 1 student.
Have learned the basics of OpenClassrooms mentorship by taking the "Foundations of Mentoring" quiz in the course Become a mentor on OpenClassrooms (15-20 mins)
Have excellent spoken and written English