Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
This role is remote.
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
- Build, improve, maintain, and upgrade clusters of dozens of blockchain daemons/consensus nodes in a scalable and highly redundant fashion
- Deploy testnet & mainnet blockchain daemons/consensus nodes, monitor proactively for performance bottlenecks and unusual behavior, optimize performance in production
- Develop systems for rolling out patches/updates/infrastructure in an automated fashion
- Provide blockchain as a service to the crypto gateway engineering team
- Implement robust metrics and monitoring of blockchain infrastructure
- Write good quality policies, procedures and technical documentation
- Nurture security awareness in the organization, produce material to support this, and relate this to the current threat landscape
- 3+ years of experience in dev-ops
- Code (or script) in at least one modern application development or utility language;
- Experience operating Kubernetes
- Experience with administrating Linux systems and with configuration management (Ansible, Terraform, Docker)
- Experience with cloud platform services and tooling (GCP, AWS)
- Experience with metrics collection and monitoring
- Working understanding of TCP/IP network stack
- Online availability for unforeseen remotely-fixable issues
- Self-motivated & self-organized
- Use Source Code Management and Document Management Systems to organize business function tasks and publish relevant material;
- Understand DNS, SSL/ TLS, and how traffic on IP networks establishes end-to-end security and trust.
- Desire to make the best trading platform out there
- Strong passion for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
- Fluent English language skills is required
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us
Watch "Top 10 Qualities of Kraken - How to Grow a Decacorn Remixed""
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
Deadline for applications: 15.12.2021.
Kraken je platforma koja je od strane nezavisnih medija konstantno ocenjivana kao najbolja i najsigurnija platforma za razmenu bitkoina. Sa seištem u San Francisku, Kraken je najveća kompanija za razmenu bitkoina u području eura. Krakenovi klijenti takođe trguju sa USD, CAD, ETH, XRP, LTC i mnogim drugim digitalnim valutama.