Senior Web Developer
Embroker is a digital insurance company that's radically improving the way insurance works for businesses. Embroker's digital insurance platform, proprietary insurance products and data-driven advisors help more than 2,500 companies improve coverage and reduce costs. Its suite of proprietary products, including the first ever end-to-end digital directors and officers policy, streamline the insurance supply chain. Founded in 2015 and headquartered in San Francisco, Embroker has raised over $42M of funding from leading fintech investors.
Our mission is simple: to make insurance work better for businesses of all types and sizes.
About the Position
As a Senior Web Developer, you will join our Engineering team working on Embroker’s software platform, developing and maintaining our CSS/Sass framework, and reusable UI components library for our single page applications using React and ES6/TypeScript.
We work in small, cross-functional, teams of 3-6 people and use Slack to stay connected.
Bird's eye view of the role:
- 5+ years of experience in web development
- Ability to write clean, well-designed and high-quality code in highly collaborative Agile development environment
- Strong CSS, SCSS and other preprocessors skills
- Strong HTML5 knowledge
- Experience with a pixel-perfect approach to designing Web UIs
- Experience writing responsive, mobile-first CSS
- Being okay with the uncomfortable feeling that comes from learning new things
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Good knowledge of English language, conversational and written
- Fluent in written and spoken Serbian
Our ideal teammate:
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Experience with large codebases
- Experience with organizing CSS using BEM, OOCSS, SMACSS, and similar methods
- Experience with ES6 and/or TypeScript
- Experience with Semantic HTML and ARIA
- Experience with writing automated UI tests
- Experience with web and graphics design
- Experience with and passion for optimizing web page performance
What Embroker offers
- Flexible work arrangement
- Top-of-the-line tools
- Scrum environment
- Use of fully-stocked kitchen
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
More about Embroker
The Embroker team is a diverse group with extensive experience in technology and insurance. Embroker embraces differences and is committed to a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better experience for our clients.
At Embroker, we work hard, have fun solving difficult problems, and push the boundaries of what was thought possible in our industry. We are always looking for ways to get better and exceed what’s expected of us. Our team members take ownership of our customer experience and the success of the company. We encourage like-minded individuals to join us in building the next generation insurance company.
Embroker is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Boston, Chicago, Denver, New York, and Belgrade.