NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Senior Technical Systems Analyst
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
The Technical Systems Analyst is a role in the IT/CIO Lab Infrastructure team, responsible for the Virtual Server environment, operating system and associated subsystems and networking elements associated with these environments including firewalls, routers, switches and providing networking consultancy to development teams. Provide system-level support of multi-user operating systems, hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of these systems. Assists in creating effective software development environments using the latest hardware and software technologies.
- Implementation, support and management of software platforms for applications and tools.
- Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade software and operating system.
- Collect system information, analyze and evaluate.
- Report system health information to management.
- Document system problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and connectivity problems.
- Record and maintain hardware and software inventories, site and/or server licensing, and user access.
- Work as a team member with other technical staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- 6-8 years of experience in a similar environment supporting a Virtual Server Environment.
Basic Skills and Qualifications:
- University Degree in Engineering, Mathematics or Physics or Diploma in Computer Management.
- Practical experience working with Software engineering teams and development methodologies.
- Experience in managing large environments in AWS or GCP or Azure both IaaS and PaaS.
- Linux & Windows System Administration Experience.
- Deep knowledge with VMware Products like ESXi, vRealise Automation (vRA), Virtual Center.
- Usage of TCP/IP and LAN Technologies.
- Implemented Systems/Network Monitoring.
- Deep knowledge about Windows, Linux and data storage systems.
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as Chef, tcl, Perl, Python, and writing shell scripts.
- Supported hardware (Servers, Networking switches), software and operating systems.
- Worked as Technical analyst in a Help Desk or Engineering Lab using solving skills to help identify and resolve issues.
- Has planned, implemented, tested, and conducted troubleshooting of system software.
- Communicated technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of applications and systems.
- Used a Trouble tracking tool to track, document support and maintenance activities.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in English and Local Language.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.