Senior Software Engineer
Rad od kuće
LearnUpon is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Ireland.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Utah, Salt Lake City, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
As a Senior Software Engineer in our Engineering group, you will be responsible for the delivery of features, services, enhancements, and fixes of LearnUpon’s core product. You’ll be participating in the design of a scalable, best-in-class LMS and you’ll strengthen the great company culture that we have in LearnUpon.
While our codebase is dominantly Ruby on Rails and Golang for microservices, we welcome anyone with substantial development experience to be a part of our journey. We are not bound to our tech stack. We prefer choosing the right technology for the right problem so you’ll have plenty of space to grow your skills.
What will I be doing?
- Delivering solutions that continue to amaze our customers.
- Driving impact and innovation by designing, building and shipping software at scale.
- Actively improving the level of craftsmanship in our code and designs.
- Participate in on-call emergency response rota.
- Collaborating closely with other Engineers.
- Mentoring where required.
What skills do I need?
- 4+ years of experience in software design and development in an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C/C++, Ruby, C#.
- Hands-on experience writing and shipping high-quality, large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures.
- Able to effectively communicate technical ideas to and collaborate with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Holistic approach in engineering problem solving keeping a high bar for software quality.
- Experience guiding a project from initial requirements gathering right up to deployment, working with the team and all stakeholders along the way.
- A passion for craftsmanship.
- Owning the delivery throughout all phases of SDLC.
- Extensive experience with relational and non-relational databases and query performance.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- A track record of being a team player who works as well with non-technical stakeholders as your fellow developers.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our utmost to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Experience with asynchronous job frameworks such as Kafka or Sidekiq.
- Previous experience working in a SaaS environment.
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services.
- Experience building applications using Rails, Django or equivalent framework.
- Previous experience of eLearning technologies.
- Experience with API and payment gateway integrations.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Employer Contributed Pension.
- Private health insurance.
- 25 days annual leave + 1 annual company wellness day off.
- Flexible Working Arrangements - work with your Manager to determine the best working hours and location (home, office, hybrid) in order to help you balance work and family life, and to suit your lifestyle.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of technical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.
LearnUpon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, membership of the Traveller community, or any other legally protected status.
Visit our Careers page to find out more about working for LearnUpon, and check us out on Instagram.
Preporuke se učitavaju...