We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test to join the EndNote team in Belgrade. This is an amazing opportunity to work on the EndNote suite of tools that help millions of people around the world access, organise and publish their research. Some of our EndNote products serve over 1 million people! We would love to speak with you if you are proficient in Python and if you have a passion for developing and maintaining test suites, writing good quality code, and if you are eager to broaden your knowledge!
About You – experience, education, skills, and accomplishments
- 5+ years' experience building and maintaining test suites (we’re using Python)
- 5+ years' experience exploring test failures (with software engineers)
- 3+ years' experience working with tools of the trade e.g. pytest, selenium..
- 3+ years' experience working with version control systems (we use git)
It would be great if you also had...
- A love for learning new things and applying them to your work
- A value of a culture where the quality of code (maintainability, extensibility, performance) is as important as time-to-market
- A big picture focus when developing new test suites
- Excellent written and spoken English
- BS in Computer Science or related Engineering degree
What will you be doing in this role?
- Developing test suites capable of testing web applications
- Writing the code that will cover functional, integration and end to end tests across the newer EndNote products (e.g. Click, CWYW-O, EndNote-M, and more)
- Working closely alongside the front end, back end, and product, and playing a vital role in making sure our releases are drama-free
- Building systems that allow us to release safely. In doing this you'll enable EndNote customers to conduct and publish their research
- Building a maintainable test codebase that is fun to work with is part of the agenda too
Product you will be developing
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will become an integral part of our small and highly talented team. Most of our products touch the lives of millions of people all over the world. That means that a lot of the challenges we face are new and are often unique (e.g. testing browser extensions). EndNote suite of tools helps millions of people around the world access, organise and publish their research. You’ll be working on both maintenance of existing test suites and building out new ones for our newest products. We hope you’ll want to take a step back and think about big-picture solutions.
About the team
We're a small and highly talented team. Currently, we have 4 talented developers in Belgrade, and the rest of the team is international! Together, we aim to accelerate the speed at which research is undertaken and published. We take pride in our culture where a 'can do' attitude is more valued than any process. We like to follow our curiosity and push boundaries. We put a strong emphasis on working independently and creatively, finding solutions to complex problems in an iterative way.
- Private health insurance
- Paid Lunch
- Yearly Bonus
- Yearly Merit Plan
- Company Shares
- My Learning Platform
- Family benefits: Bushido kids sports school, tutorship lessons
- Fit Pass
- Mental health care- Psychotherapy sessions
- Company bicycles for rent free of charge
At Clarivate, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons with respect to hiring, compensation, promotion, training and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. We comply with applicable laws and regulations governing non-discrimination in all locations.