This is an exciting and challenging role on the Ockam Team. You will be responsible for building core components and generalized interfaces in the Ockam code base. You will also get to work with some of the most popular open source communities in the edge and IoT ecosystems. Moreover you will be building infrastructure templates and standing up resources in public cloud environments.
The primary language we utilize in this layer of the stack is Golang, however, you will have the opportunity to utilize or learn Erlang, Elixir, C, and Rust at Ockam. Cryptography protocols are utilized throughout the Ockam stack, so whether this is an area of experience or experimentation in your past, you will be challenged.
Ockam is a small and extremely senior team. This role involves architecture, interface design, writing code, responsibility for testing, and publishing documentation. Everyone on the Ockam team takes responsibility for their parts from end-to-end, including the creation of long term objectives, issues in GitHub, task management in our Trello boards, and summaries of key results.
- Git and GitHub's workflow
- Modern CI/CD pipelines and DevOps
- API design
- Open source cloud services integrations
- Building complex code bases in the Go language
- Individual and collaborative project management leadership
- 10+ years of experience
- Building with Docker and Kubernetes
- Provisioning and operating cloud services in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Consuming and contributing to open source codebases
- The basics of cryptography and PKI
- Messaging systems like RabbitMQ
- Comfort switching between multiple programming languages
- This is a Level 5 role at Ockam.
- Individuals that consider themselves to be Level 4 or 6 are also encouraged to apply.
- For more information about Role Levels at Ockam, [click here for our guide].
Remote candidates are encouraged to apply.
Ockam is a distributed, remote-first structured team with a headquarters in San Francisco California.