Job Title: Senior Software Developer [Cloud Based]
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Senior Manager, Software Development
Many of DAI’s legacy systems, including its project information management system used around the globe, are undergoing a strategic transition to new platforms that will support DAI’s strategy to become a data-enabled organization. This reflects the continuing technological change and our clients’ increased demands for data collection, reporting and integration. In identifying and transitioning to the correct platforms, we also need to recognize that DAI projects have specific needs and sometimes operate in low connectivity environments.
Function of the Position:
Working with the development team, the incumbent in this position will be focused on supporting our transition to web based, mobile enabled, relational platforms that can accommodate the needs of various DAI clients and projects. He/she will also assist the team in identifying data analysis and visualization solutions that access both corporate and project data to gain insights for more effective decision-making. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Software Development and will work closely with the Digital Architect and Solutions team, DAI system administrators, overseas project staff, as well as DAI’s corporate departments. This is a full-time professional position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Systems Development for Corporate Stakeholders
- Work with the development team and business stakeholders to transition current systems used by DAI Business Units and corporate teams into a one flexible global platform based on requirements documented by system analysts.
- Develop new functionality; and troubleshoot and implement fixes into existing code. Identify ways that the system can be configured to accommodate needs of different DAI subsidiaries, clients and projects.
- Work with other developers to implement system and data standards that allow for corporate and project- level reporting and provide the business with innovative reporting approaches.
- Document system design and development requirements to facilitate ongoing support and maintenance.
- Consistently write, translate, and code applications according to coding standards/conventions. Perform code reviews. Apply testing methodologies, unit, functional and integration testing to software application for the purposes of correcting errors, profiling, general debugging, and optimization.
- For existing systems, investigate and resolve application issues and provide support and troubleshooting to code issues as may be required.
- Assist in system integration efforts including coding to third party APIs to retrieve data from cloud-based PaaS applications and load the data into other DAI systems including Azure SQL databases for project and corporate level reporting.
- Integration efforts may also include loading data into third party systems from DAI proprietary systems.
Additional responsibilities may be assigned depending on evolving business needs.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Agile software development processes, tools and concepts.
- 2+ years of experience with Dynamics 365 and/or Power Platform
- SharePoint Developer with in-depth experience using SPFx
- Significant knowledge of Azure Cloud Development
- Significant knowledge with DevOps processes, including CI/CD and knowledge of AzureDevOps and/or GitHub
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Supervisory Requirements: None
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.