Numbrs is reshaping the future of the workplace. We are a fully remote company, at which every employee is free to live and work wherever they want.
Numbrs was founded with the vision to revolutionise banking. Therefore from day one Numbrs has always been a technology company, which is driven by a strong entrepreneurial spirit and the urge to innovate. We live and embrace technology.
At Numbrs, our engineers don’t just develop things – we have an impact. We change the way how people are managing their finances by building the best products and services for our users.
Numbrs engineers are innovators, problem-solvers, and hard-workers who are building solutions in big data, mobile technology and much more. We look for professional, highly skilled engineers who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced, value-driven environment.
Join our dedicated technology team that builds massively scalable systems, designs low latency architecture solutions and leverages machine learning technology to turn financial data into action. Want to push the limit of personal finance management? Join Numbrs.
You will be a part of a team that is responsible for deploying, supporting, monitoring and troubleshooting large scale micro-service based distributed systems with high transaction volume; documenting the IT infrastructure, policies and procedures. You will also be part of an on-call rotation.
- a Bachelor's or higher degree in technical field of study
- a minimum of 5 years experience deploying, monitoring and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems
- leadership experience
- background in Linux administration (mainly Debian)
- scripting/programming knowledge of at least Unix shell scripting
- good networking understanding (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, firewalls, etc.)
- good understanding of technologies such as Apache, Nginx, Databases (relational and key-value), DNS servers, SMTP servers, etc.
- understanding of cloud-based infrastructure, such as AWS
- experience with systems for automating deployment, scaling and management of containerised applications, such as Kubernetes
- quick to learn and fast to adapt to changing environments
- excellent communication and documentation skills
- excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities
- excellent communication and organisational skills in English
Ideally, candidates will also have
- experience deploying and supporting big data technologies, such as Kafka, Spark, Storm and Cassandra
- experience maintaining continuous integration and delivery pipelines with tools such as Jenkins and Spinnaker
- experience implementing, operating and supporting open source tools for network and security monitoring and management on Linux/Unix platforms
- experience with encryption and cryptography standards