We’re on a mission to change the relocation industry. Our vision? A moving experience that’s seamless and stress-free. (The way it should be.)
Our next-gen tech helps corporations with employee relocations, moving companies book more moves, move coaches increase conversions, and everyone delivers exceptional customer service. We offer end-to-end solutions from corporate relocation through supplier bidding and payments. Our video survey tool is recognized by customers globally as the best way to empower relocatees in the moving process.
Based in the SF Bay Area, we have our European hubs in Belgrade, Serbia and Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and team members all around the world.
We’ve raised our Series A round, and are growing rapidly! You can learn more about us at shyftmoving.com.
About the position:
Shyft Product Managers work with engineers, designers, operations, and data scientists to build products that define the relocation technology industry and delight our customers. We are hiring an entrepreneurial-minded Senior Product Manager to oversee the ideation and execution of our relocation marketplace strategy.
As the leader of your products, you will need to comprehensively own new and existing initiatives across the company and be responsible for their execution. You will synthesize a product roadmap. You will see your products through from start to finish -- and beyond, to live operations. You will identify the correct stakeholders and drive coherent planning processes so that user experience, revenue projections, operational costs, production schedule, and core business needs are effectively accounted for.
Shyft has many products and services. To succeed here you will need to proactively determine what your priorities are and be able to execute them in harmony with the engineers, other product managers, stakeholders, and executives. Many opportunities mean many decisions, so you will need to use a data-driven approach to craft business cases that communicate your vision and inspire others.
- Independently analyze ambiguous and complicated situations to build a consensus around a strong product roadmap
- Implement a process for turning the shared vision into highly detailed product requirements, and then oversee their iterative development
- Define the metrics that quantify success and then hold your products accountable to them, making decisions proactively
- Lead and motivate cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, operations team leaders, marketing specialists, and salespeople -- demonstrating efficient communication between them
- Incorporate a strong understanding of Shyft’s strategic and competitive position in the market into the roadmap
- Ensure that data, market research, customer experience feedback, and opportunities to experiment drive strategy
- Identify and capitalize on significant product, organizational, and operational opportunities
- Creatively optimize our user experience, internal processes, and payment flows to maximize the results of our efforts
- Collaborate with other Product Managers and executives while maintaining focus and on the initiatives that are your responsibility
- 5+ years of experience in consumer or enterprise software development including at least 2 complete product life cycles
- Work experience in start-up environments
- Proven track record of achieving goals in both new product development and live operations on existing products
- Technical understanding of software development including data modeling, dev ops, API design, and the types of frameworks that enable web and mobile app creation
- Battle-tested project management skills with hands-on experience using agile tools such as Notion or Jira
- Ability to use data to create business solutions
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills
- STEM or business undergraduate degree
- Background in payments/ building workflow payments system
- MBA, MS, or equivalent
- Experience in product operations