CompStak envisions a commercial real estate industry in which accurate and transparent data leads to better, faster deals for everyone. We gather critical information that is hard to access, then make it instantly and seamlessly available to our platform members.
CompStak, a prominentd data startup, focuses on gathering unique datasets via crowdsourcing and providing unprecedented insights to the Commercial Real Estate industry via state of the art data-intensive applications. We are expanding our tech team in NYC and looking for a talented Sr Data Scala Engineer to help us bring our unique data products to the market. What you will work on will challenge the status quo and change our industry forever.
You will be working in the following environment:
- Scala based public and private APIs
- Machine learning systems for processing and analyzing crowdsourced and public data
- Automated DevOps via k8s, Argo & Terraform
- Polyglot development environment
- Data-driven product offerings
- Sophisticated search tech, based on Elasticsearch
- And much more.
What can you do?
We are looking for senior data or platform engineers with 7+ years of experience who have a proven track record of delivering high-quality, maintainable data-driven software. Your experience should include:
- Designing and implementing distributed data systems
- Deep experience with Scala and purely functional libraries such as Cats, cats-effect/ZIO, FS2 and others
- Relational and NoSQL data stores (Mostly SQL)
- Domain-Driven Design
- Microservice architecture – Cloud computing with AWS (S3, EMR …)
- API design
- Property based testing
- Scala 3 is a plus
- Kafka/Kafka Streams is a big plus
- Elasticsearch is a big plus
- Event sourcing is a plus.
Who are you?
At CompStak we provide a fantastic environment for your continuous personal and professional growth, and in return, we hope that:
- You love data-driven products
- Your professional mission is to develop rock-solid systems and write clean and maintainable code
- You are focused on solving problems via well designed composable systems
- Successfully worked in a startup environment
- Worked within a Scrum process
- Strong communication skills
- Good coding flow (usually correlates with productivity)
- Always eager to learn no matter the depth of your experience
- Kind person who has an easy time collaborating with other people.
Who are the people of CompStak?
CompStak was born out of our dreams to revolutionize Commercial Real Estate and deliver information and insight out of fragmented and sparse data. We hail from 500 Startups, one of the most prestigious Silicon Valley incubators. Our goals and potential are lofty, and that is why we are backed by one of the most acclaimed VC firms – Canaan Partners. When you join our family, you will be joining a smart and collaborative team that is currently disrupting an antiquated industry.
What will you be paid?
- Highly competitive compensation
- Karma points for doing great things in life.
Launched in 2012, we’ve built a network of over 30,000 brokers, appraisers and research professionals across the country, using a unique crowdsourced model. Our clients enjoy the foremost lease and sale transaction data combined with a robust analytics platform. CompStak’s unique data and intuitive platform is used by the world’s largest real estate investors, lenders, brokers and appraisers to compare properties, underwrite investments and loans, close deals and track market trends.
CompStak has over 100 team members in the US and overseas; and we continue to grow. We’re backed by top VCs and industry players like Morgan Stanley, Canaan Partners, IA Capital, Transamerica, Moody’s, RealPage, 500 Startups, and Daily Mail Group, and have raised over $75m to date. Our HQ is in New York City, we have regional offices in Atlanta, Chicago and Los Angeles, and we have an international office in Belgrade, Serbia.
We pride ourselves on an environment that is fun, collaborative, and rewards hard work. We look forward to the value that future employees will add to our amazing teams!
CompStak is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates employees and applicants of all identities, backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives. We foster a welcoming work environment that supports diversity and inclusion, and we reject discrimination or harassment of any individual. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with any part of the application process, please let us know. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.