About the Company
Focused on the future of filmmaking, Wonder Dynamics' mission is to revolutionize the production and post-production process by leveraging state-of-the-art AI. They are striving to democratize the use of visual effects which will pave the way for the next generation of filmmakers. That mission attracted some of the most influential individuals in the film and tech industry that are now involved in their team.
Wonder Dynamics is backed by Epic Games, Samsung, Horizons Ventures (a Hong Kong VC firm with early investments in Skype, Siri, Facebook and more) and Founders Fund, a leading Silicon Valley VC that funded some giants like Space X, Facebook, Spotify, DeepMind, etc.
Their Advisory Board consists of leaders in Hollywood and Silicon Valley:
- Joshua Baer, founder/CEO of Capital Factory;
- Terry Dougas, Producer and financier of Film and TV. Founder of Rhea Films,1821 Media
- Angjoo Kanazawa, assistant professor at UC Berkeley and Google research scientist;
- Joe Russo Director, screenwriter, and Producer (directed Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame)
- Robert Schwab - Private equity investor, President, and CEO of R&L Properties.
- Steven Spielberg - Film director, producer, and screenwriter
- Antonio Torralba - Professor and Head of AI and Decision making, EECS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Gregory Trattner - President, Film Finances Inc. (World leader in completion guarantees and film services)
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer to help us build the user interface for our cloud based, AI platform, from scratch. The goal of the platform is designed to bring blockbuster-level VFX to creators of all levels, but the potential of its applications extends well beyond visual effects. The engineer will collaborate directly with the backend and design teams to create a smooth user interface for content creation. You will also work alongside a diverse range of skilled Machine Learning & Computer Vision Engineers as well as very talented CG team.
- Design the first user-facing features for the entire platform
- Ensure the technical consistency of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Responsible for defining, implementing and testing new product features
- Ensuring that the application is optimized both in technology and aesthetics while delivering the best user experience
- Expertise in building accessible, well designed web interfaces.
- Knowledge of modern web UI frameworks such as: React JS, Angular JS, Vue JS, or similar.
- Experience optimizing web applications and a deep understanding of developer tools of different browsers.
- Knowledge of best practices for modern web application development, as well as continuous integration and deployment.
- Passionate to create quality design and smooth usability
- Ability to quickly prototype solutions and integrate them within tight deadlines.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
Why should you consider joining us?
At the intersection of film and technology, this job will offer a very unique experience, and you will be exposed to a diverse set of fields spanning from film production and visual effects to AI, machine learning, and computer vision. Because we are operating in the state-of-the-art territory, there will always be something new to learn on the horizon. We highly value our team and the support of our co-workers and strive to create the best environment to work in.
We offer a competitive salary, valuable stock options and comprehensive benefits that allow individual flexibility for all employees to choose what makes the most sense for their personal situation.
Wonder Dynamics is committed to a culture of flexibility, diversity, and fun for all of our employees. We are working on some of the most challenging technical problems and we know the solutions will come from all of us working together in an inclusive, transparent and open manner.