Our partner Redbox Automated Retail LLC is an American company famous for movie rentals via automated retail kiosks located throughout the USA with tens of millions of customers. Over the last few years, Redbox has successfully expanded into the exciting world of digital streaming, with free movies, TV channels, and premium on-demand content. Redbox is now expanding its digital streaming platform and is looking for talented individuals to join its development teams located in Belgrade, Chicago, and Seattle.
Join our growing Redbox team as a Senior Frontend Engineer.
The biggest engineering team is located in the Belgrade office. It's now counting 25 members and ready to expand further and welcome new colleagues to join them in their exciting journey. Our engineers are working on modern and cool technologies and in the following teams: .NET, Frontend, Android and iOS, QA, SDET, DevOps, and Data team.
We’ve established an agile development process using cutting-edge infrastructure, stacks, and technology and are seeking talented software engineers to join our team. The Platform team builds the heart of all Redbox consumer experiences by creating robust services for everything we do as a business, from product catalogue of movies and TV shows to ad-supported titles, free live television, and managing a complex physical rental business. Redbox rents over a million discs a day from over 40,000 kiosks and its video streaming business is growing steadily every month serving up thousands of on-demand movies.
You will work as part of an elite team designing and developing high-availability services using the latest technologies to scale with our growing business.
Our Belgrade frontend team offers an exciting opportunity to work on different projects such as:
- on-demand streaming apps for smart TVs, set-top boxes, and gaming consoles
- a high-traffic web app with millions of users serving a unique mix of physical rentals and on-demand streaming
- a set of internal tools to bind them all, such as customer service and catalog management UIs
The technologies you will be using are React, Redux, GraphQL, Sass, PostCSS, Webpack, Jest, AWS, practicing methodologies such as Agile, unit and integration testing, CI/CD, feature flagging, A/B testing, phased rollouts, trunk-based development with continuous code reviews and zero-bug policy (no bugs in backlog, we either fix now or we don’t fix).
- Help drive innovation and best practices
- Be a team player, write code for people as well for machine
- Deliver excellent User Experiences and responsive User Interfaces across multiple browsers and devices
- Continuously look for new technologies as we strive for A/B testing and data-driven development
- A commitment to excellence, best practices, and the continuous improvement of our products, code base, processes, and tools
- Daily communication with our colleagues in the USA, including other development teams, UX, design, marketing, and product managers
- Fluent communication in English
- Ability to consistently follow coding style and practices adopted by the team
- Good feeling for the balance between performance and maintainability
- Basic skills with git or a similar SCM tool
- Willingness to learn and improve what’s missing
- Experience with specific technologies used by the team
- Experience with AWS or the cloud in general
- Experience one or more of the following: high-traffic web apps, low-power devices, enterprise application
- Experience with on-demand streaming and various different on-demand business models
- Git wizardry
- Open-source contributions (real things, not just putting your todo app on Github)
- Competitive salary and a variety of fringe benefits
- Personal development/education (conferences, workshops)
- Excellent work-life balance: flexible work hours, no mandatory overtime, use your off days whenever you want to
- Work in an international team of talented engineers
- Great equipment
- A modern and cozy working place with the positive and friendly atmosphere
- Know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know and after the successful probation period come and collect a well-deserved referral fee